cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to call out

Phee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can call other cell phones but not landline. I hear a double beep and then the call ends. 
i am able to receive calls. 

6 REPLIES 6

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Phee   

PM support just replied another subscriber confirm there is some sort of issue in BC area regarding outgoing calls.

And also on Telus status page

softech_0-1643051022506.png

Still open a ticket with PM Support so they are aware and can link yours to the main ticket

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Phee wrote:

I can call other cell phones but not landline. I hear a double beep and then the call ends. 
i am able to receive calls. 

@Phee   It looks like a coverage issue in Western Canada.  There were reported issues from members in Manitoba last week and today it's BC.  I am in Eastern Canada and I just tested calling a landline and it works.  

Try taking out the SIM card, wait a few minutes and putting it back in and rebooting the phone.  Then if it still doesn't work, turn the airplane mode on and wait a few minutes and turn it back off to see if it works.  At the last resort, do a network reset.  If it still does not work, do send a private message to customer service of Public Mobile to inquire further.  Write "CS_Agent" in the "Send to" field when you are composing the private message. 

Hope it helps.  

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Phee 

It's possible there is an issue occurring in BC. See this other thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Phone-beeps-3-times/td-p/777342

I would recommend that instead of messing around with tickets and the faulty chatbot, you send a private message to CS_Agent right away with your account details and address so they can escalate the issue for you.

So, both you and your dad have the same issue?

There is no official outage notice around your area from Telus at the moment 

Try reboot your phone first if you have not done so,

If still fails, please open a ticket with PM Support and have them to confirm if there is an issue in the area.  

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Phee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve been a member for a long time. Issue just came up today. My dad first noticed it on his phone (also Public Mobile) so I tested with mine. We are in Burnaby. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Phee   did you recently join PM or you have been here for some time and just a new issue came up today?

did you try reboot the phone? or reseat the sim card?

Also, which province and city you are at?  There seems to be couple users reporting different kind of call issues today

Need Help? Let's chat.