cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to call a 613 Number : System saying we require a US addon

TinTin_Cap
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to call another PM customer and I am getting a message from the operator saying I am unable to call them as I need to add on a US calling package.

My number and theirs are in the 613 (Eastern Ontario area code). Last night no issues calling the same number. 

5 REPLIES 5

TinTin_Cap

@JRod @esjliv  thanks kindly for the info. Very much appreciated. Have an excellent day. My friend thanks you as well they would have been missing a few calls from folks today!

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Very strange! Sometimes Public Mobile has weird glitches or errors and hopefully they’ll fix this one. Glad that we were able to get to the bottom of it and fix it for you though! 

TinTin_Cap

Thanks. I was able to reach them through online means and indeed it was an issue on their end, credit card had expired and they forgot to add new card number for the pre-authorized renewal. 

It was the message re: me needing a US add on to call out to a 613 number that threw me, strange message eh? 

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TinTin_Cap 

If you call 611 does it say anything odd about your current account status? I’d advise your friend to do the same as this issue has come up before and has been related to one of the lines being suspended. Not sure if it’s near the renewal date for either you or your friend but it’s worth looking into. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@TinTin_Cap - system/network issue perhaps. Can you try adding a 1 infront of the number to see if that works?

Maybe also try to restart your phone, or perform a reset of the device's network settings.

If still doesn't work, I recall other customers having this issue about this 'addon message'. CS_Agent should be able to fix on your account. Methods to contact Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, and bottom right corner of the page (See the Chat Bubble), 

2-OR, go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.  Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

Need Help? Let's chat.