cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to call Panago? (310-0001)

chris69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Recently tried calling Panago Pizza (310-0001) after porting back to PM after a number of years and was surprised I was unable to do so:

Hi Public Mobile here. Sorry your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and try again.

Luckily they have a longer version of the number on their contact page ( 1-866-310-0001), but it took some digging to find since the majority of their media just lists  310-0001.

16 REPLIES 16

nalorin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

310 area code is California, yes. But 310 central office code (exchange code) is an Alberta-wide toll-free set of numbers. They're 7 digits only, not 10 digits like most other numbers.

chris69

I just tried again after seeing your reply, still does not work. So looks like they only fixed it for you 😎

jdotto02

I tried again today and I was finally able to successfully dial the 7 digit pizza ordering numbers beginning with 310 from my Public Mobile phone.

I had opened a support ticket for this issue on December 13, 2023 which was forwarded to Public Mobile's technical team and I'm not sure exactly when this was fixed as the support team never got back to me.

trojan_jonez

That does work for sure.  At least I am not going to starve.  Weird that 310's have stopped working.  Thanks for the tips and quick response.

chris69

Try 1-866-310-0001

HI @trojan_jonez 

download VoIP app TestNow, use it to call , except I don't know if it can call 310-0001 

trojan_jonez

I am having the same issue in Edmonton.  I have tried 780-310-0001 and 310-0001 and I get the Public Mobile recorded voice each time.  I have to use another phone just to order my dang pizza.  One number it tells me not to use the area code.  The other number tells me the number can't be completed and I get a server error message on my phone.  Would really like to know how to fix this.

@chris69 wrote:

I get the same message as before when dialing 1-310-0001.  Funnily, When trying 1-310-1010, it tells me out of minutes. (My plans has Unlimited Canada-wide minutes)

That would be because area code 310 is in California.  That number isn't valid as it's incomplete. 

@Handy1 wrote:

@jdotto02  LOL I sure hope not I love pizza , next time you want pizza try putting a 1 in front of the 10 digit number 

The number mentioned isn't a 10 digit number. A 1 can't be added in front of such numbers as a country code isn't valid without the full area code.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Just add 604 to the start

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@chris69 

Did you have the Pizza delivered to my house? I am in East Van. LoL

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@chris69 @jdotto02 

try 1-866-310-0001 or 780-310-0001

310-xxxx are  special numbers and suppose  will be dialed 'intelligently' without requiring an areacode.  Not just PM but  some cellphone companies don't recognize 310 numbers at all or not able to calls successfully all the time 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

There was something in the news about the CRTC mandating 10 digit dialing in Canada to accommodate the new 9-8-8 service.  Perhaps it has to do with that?  

chris69

I get the same message as before when dialing 1-310-0001.  Funnily, When trying 1-310-1010, it tells me out of minutes. (My plans has Unlimited Canada-wide minutes)

I made another call after (with area code) which worked fine.

@jdotto02  LOL I sure hope not I love pizza , next time you want pizza try putting a 1 in front of the 10 digit number 

jdotto02

I'm located in Metro Vancouver and get the same recorded error message when trying to call Pizza Hut at 310-1010.

I tried calling again and included the 604 area code and then I get this message "24B1 You've dialed a 310 number with area code, please try again without the area code" before the system hangs up on me.

Hopefully Public Mobile doesn't have something against pizza places 😀

Need Help? Let's chat.