cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access my data

Robnickname
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello.

I have an Android 11 phone with a newly activated Sim. I can send/receive phone calls and text messages without any issues. However, I am unable to access my data. For example, trying to access the Internet via my data, phone indicates no Internet connection. WiFi works fine. I checked my phone's settings for the Public Mobile network: Airplane mode is off, Mobile data as well as Mobile data always online are both toggled on. Roaming is toggled off.

Is there something I am missing settings wise? Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

Robnickname

Yes, thanks for pointing me in the direction of APNs. I created a new APN based on the link alluded to by Dunkman. All good now.

Robnickname

Bingo Dunkman. That did the trick. Appreciate it!

TrevorF1980

When did you activate the Sim? If it was in the last hour, it might be a delay with porting your number and changing carriers. 

The other posters are right. Your APN settings haven't updated so it's either taking time for the activation to complete or something didn't work right when you switched over. You can put a ticket in here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you can edit it then change the apn to sp.mb.com. Not telus.

Also, that aliasredirect line, insert mb/ before the ending mmsc.

Robnickname

Here are the screenshots from my APN settings

Screenshot_20230620-232755.pngScreenshot_20230620-232719.pngScreenshot_20230620-232701.png

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Robnickname 

Might also want to try a network reset of phone (this will erase saved Wifi settings).

Check your APN settings;

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I suspect the APN settings. Can you provide images of your current APN settings.

Need Help? Let's chat.