cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Send International SMS to a Specific Number

crgeron
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've tried +country code, 011 country code, and these two combinations with a leading 0 as well, and I keep getting the error message, "You've entered an incorrect number."  The recipient number is valid and active, and I'm able to send SMS to other numbers in that same country. It's only with this particular number that I've encountered the error, multiple times.

Anybody tips? Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

@crgeron 

The country would help us with research......

Is the number you are trying to text a personal contact or a business contact? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I think clearing cache may not help in this situation, too.  But I guess no harm to try.

@crgeron  instead of using 011 , you can also try enter the following in the ‘To’ field: "+" then the country code, then the region code, then the mobile phone number.

(The + symbol can be obtained on most devices by pressing and holding 0 for a few seconds.)

source: https://www.telus.com/en/nu/support/article/text-messages-international

and yes, as @Anonymous  suggested, drop the leading 0 on the phone number

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy wrote:

@t_p wrote:

Try clearing the cache of the messaging app, stop it ,reboot the phone and try the text again.

I am trying to understand why clearing the cache might make it work?

My reasoning is that if OP had entered an incorrect number and it somehow got "stuck" in the cache, flushing the cache would help the app start fresh, a bit like when you clear cache or use incognito mode to log in a buggy website.

As I've said before, I'm not a techno geek and maybe that's not the way a messaging cache works, but it costs nothing to try. And we won't know the answer unless we hear some feedback from OP.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crgeron : The question about which country may be something to look at although I don't know if it only applies to talk. Eg. For the UK, 4470, 44870-44879, 44843-44845 are not accessible. The UK and the US are the only countries with restricted numbers.

And yes either 011 or + in front and then yes no leading zeroes.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@t_p wrote:

Try clearing the cache of the messaging app, stop it ,reboot the phone and try the text again.

I am trying to understand why clearing the cache might make it work?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@crgeron wrote:

I've tried +country code, 011 country code, and these two combinations with a leading 0 as well, and I keep getting the error message, "You've entered an incorrect number."  The recipient number is valid and active, and I'm able to send SMS to other numbers in that same country. It's only with this particular number that I've encountered the error, multiple times.

Anybody tips? Thank you.

@crgeron 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crgeron 

by the way which country you try to send SMS or make call !!

and check it out for that number in your device if you put it by accident blacklisted.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@crgeron wrote:

Anybody tips? Thank you.

@crgeron 

Well, that is good you can send to other numbers in the same country, so you are doing something right! 

Are you able to have someone else try to send an SMS to that number you are trying to text?

Also, are you sure the recipient can accept international texts? Different providers/plans may not have this included.

EDIT: This may be worth a shot, as well -

Try your SIM into another phone, reboot the phone, ensure you have working services, then try sending a text again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crgeron 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and you can try to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

for iphone  go to Settings > Messages > To turn iMessage on or off, 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,

for Example long distance, Add (+1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,
1416xxxxxxx,
or
+1416xxxxxxx,
both is will going through your call...

and for international call or SMS  011416xxxxxxx,

like In front of country code they 0 or 00 or + don't put it,

Good luck and enjoy the service

Need Help? Let's chat.