cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Csll

randymackonka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a regular talk and text plan. I just went to make a call and I am told that I cannot make a call, bc I don't have calls in my monthly plan. That is incorrect. I have talk and text in a $40 per month plan. My account is up to date. Any idea how I can solve this easily? Of course Public Mobile is insulated from any direct contact with their customers

8 REPLIES 8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@randymackonka wrote:

I have a regular talk and text plan. I just went to make a call and I am told that I cannot make a call, bc I don't have calls in my monthly plan. That is incorrect. I have talk and text in a $40 per month plan. My account is up to date. Any idea how I can solve this easily? Of course Public Mobile is insulated from any direct contact with their customers

@randymackonka does the call go through if you add a "1" in front ?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@randymackonka , back in the day, call provisioning can go off the rails from time to time.  Try rebooting your phone and see if that helps.  If that does not work, it might be worthwhile to click on the chat symbol on the lower right corner of the web page and initiate a support ticket and have the account checked over/reset.  

@Triguy wrote:

Check your account as you may be a victim of sim card swap.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Swap-Fraud/td-p/650969

This couldn't be a SIM swap issue.  If that had been done, the customer would not be hearing the message about talk not being included.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@randymackonka wrote:

I just went to make a call and I am told that I cannot make a call, bc I don't have calls in my monthly plan. That is incorrect. I have talk and text in a $40 per month plan. My account is up to date. Any idea how I can solve this easily?

Please login to https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ and confirm if your account is expired or inactive. (Normally it should say "Account Status: Active" across the top of the overview page) In the last week or so there were numerous accounts of auto-pay failures, so check if maybe your renewal didn't work. If so, just manually add enough balance to cover your plan and it should automatically reactivate. You can do this via self-serve or via *611.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@randymackonka 

(EDIT: in making the below recommendations,  presuming your other calling and texting features work?)

Unless you're on the new provincial wide calling plans, and you're trying to call out-of-province, try putting  +1  in front of the area code you are calling.

Another option is to try resetting network connections.

Re Seat SIM card and reboot phone. 

Call your phone from a land line or another mobile phone. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@randymackonka....

try turning ON Airplane mode for a minute...then turn it OFF. Does that help...let us know.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your account as you may be a victim of sim card swap.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Swap-Fraud/td-p/650969

Need Help? Let's chat.