cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Change Plan

220lr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm trying to get the $25 unlimited talk and text. I have no intention to reactivate my current plan. Originally I had $10 balance in my account and wanted the simple 50 mins/50 texts plan, but it wouldn't let me "change plan by topping up my account" since it was showing $0 top up, so I went with $25. It took my money but didn't change my plan and my phone is out of service. Now I'm having the same issue with the top up to reactivate plan. 

I have to rant but this is becoming beyond ridiculous. I've used public mobile without an issue for 2 years and then suddenly the most basic things seem to no longer work. This is already the second time this summer my phone has been out of service. I originally chose public mobile as I did a calculation and found that purchasing my own phone and a certain plan would give me all that I'm looking for but cheaper than a 2 year contract. Instead because they no longer offer that plan I've paid more and have had to contact someone over some of the most basic issues. Isn't it funny how the website has no problem completing transactions where my money is taken - twice at one point even - but the plan that I'm paying for IN THAT SAME CLICK hasn't been activated? Really now? 

2 REPLIES 2

With the current long wait times that people have been reporting/complaining about, I would have just said to keep yourself on the current plan and future date your account for a plan change for the $10 plan starting the next billing cycle.  But, since your service has started working again since making a payment, that clearly isn't an option for you.  If it your service does somehow start working again on it's own, I would just do that.

Unfortuantely, if the plan doesn't reactivate itself, there's not much you can do about it except to talk to the moderators (as Luddite said before) to have to them fix up your account.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Changing your plan after expiry requires moderator assistance. 

Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue along with your phone number and 4 digit PIN. If you’ve forgotten the PIN, provide any 3 of the following in your message: complete mailing address, email address, alternate phone number,  last top up date & amount.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.