cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Activate/ Request Human!

D3rrick
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Cannot Activate cause of Error 821, Cleared cache and used another browser instance still same problem. Then tried to send in a Ticket and got Error 404. 

Request HUMAN PLEASE!!

Starting to Feel Grinched... 

23 REPLIES 23

@D3rrick   Yes, the Community sometimes is quiet powerful.  Although we won't be able to help issues that involve money, but if it comes to trick, workarounds, device issue, the Community certainly have answer a lot quicker and more informational than waiting for a reply from PM Support

@D3rrick wrote:

Yes i can confirm the sim is now showing connected to PM network. 

Initially i was skeptical about the nature of this community... but after the quick responses i have been getting and the level of knowledge apparent in the community i am starting to feel more at home! 

Hope you're all well in this season! 

@D3rrick  - I was skeptical at first in my beginnings here. After all, you should not believe everything you read/see online, right!? 😁

All services are working now? If so, very glad you are up and running!

D3rrick

Yes i can confirm the sim is now showing connected to PM network. 

Initially i was skeptical about the nature of this community... but after the quick responses i have been getting and the level of knowledge apparent in the community i am starting to feel more at home! 

Hope you're all well in this season! 

@D3rrick 

If you can access your pm account and your telus account is closed and your number ported but you have no services in your pm sim card then it did not provision correctly upon activation.

Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and type "sim not provisioned correctly upon activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simple--Simon. You will likely have to wait til morning for a response. Keep an eye on the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

@D3rrick   but important thing, your PM SIM shows connected to PM? or  No Network? or SIM not provisioned?

D3rrick

i replied yes to my former provider "T-Us" and have changed to PM chip now. However I haven't seen any charges to my acct on PM. I know when i tried to set up using online activation i used CC but when it didnt work i got help from a Service Rep and they  did the change successfully without asking for CC. Perhaps i should look at signing in to my new acct now and trying to attach a CC. 

Will go into my PM my acct and see if there is anything there that needs to be done. Because PM is prepaid its possible that this is the reason i cannot make calls. 

@D3rrick wrote:

thank you, this could be exactly it. I have since used acct number and it looks to be going through as i have no more service on my phone through previous provider. 

Trying to use new Public mobile card however its not showing that its charged my CC yet... 

Not sure if it will work and i'm told that the Activation team could be closed for night? 

so, you replied yes to your previous provider already?  If so and service no longer work there, then yes, porting could have completed.

Activation should be instant.. but you said not charge CC yet? but porting completed?  🤔

try open a ticket with PM first.  They might not reply tonight.. but open ticket first

D3rrick

thank you, this could be exactly it. I have since used acct number and it looks to be going through as i have no more service on my phone through previous provider. 

Trying to use new Public mobile card however its not showing that its charged my CC yet... 

Not sure if it will work and i'm told that the Activation team could be closed for night? 

@D3rrick   Error 821 usually because porting request but IMEI number and entered wrong. ..  did you request port and entered IMEI?  if so, maybe  use Account number instead?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@D3rrick 

after you reply: YES. you have to take old SIM card and put it the new SIM card for public mobile is will work,

and you can try to do some troubleshoot your device,

Spoiler
try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to check update your device,important..

@D3rrick did you put the SIM in a phone to see if it connecting to PM?  (update.. sorry.. missed the fact that you checked and confirm no charged yet.. Good)

Also, you are trying to port in your old number,  right?  

D3rrick

yes i had tried the online activation first and that was where i ran into problems. 

D3rrick

Checked via online banking card hasn't been charged and there are no pending charges. 

Trying to activate using Agent K-rine. Sent them a message and got reply. Then provided info they requested and hadn't heard back from them. Sent another message and got the same generic message from the same agent K--Rine (pseudonym) 

received a text from my previous company finally asking if i want to transfer number. I have replied yes. 

This process is clearly a practice in patience 😉 

So i will be patient/tolerant/understanding

Namaste All who have chimed in to help!

@D3rrick wrote:

Hello Yes i have done this aka Reached out Via Private message and contacted an Agent starting with K and ending with -Rine. 

however they havent replied to my answer to their question in nearly half hour... 

@D3rrick  did you try the method/link @HALIMACS provided to activate your SIM for the "Online Activation Assistance"?

EDIT: oh wait, i think this department is closed for the evening:

"Online Activation Assistance = HOURS OF OPERATION: 8:00am - 5:00pm PST / 11:00am - 8:00pm EST"

@D3rrick wrote:

Hello thanks, I tried that and that is where i have the issue. 

My browser is out of date and so are all of the browsers in my house. I bought a new tablet this year and within 1 month the browser and software was out of date... These products work perfectly fine why should i need to constantly update browsers? Its for the benefit of the corps probably... They should be designing their websites with backwards functionality not so that they websites dont work unless you have the most up to date browser. 

not interested in getting on the Constant/Perpetual update hamster wheel...

@D3rrick  - the activation pages and Public Mobile self serve page are know to be finicky. Incognito mode tabs are usually a great fix to bypass these weird things.

So, you were able to redo the activation after all?

D3rrick

Hello Yes i have done this aka Reached out Via Private message and contacted an Agent starting with K and ending with -Rine. 

however they havent replied to my answer to their question in nearly half hour... 

D3rrick

Hello thanks, I tried that and that is where i have the issue. 

My browser is out of date and so are all of the browsers in my house. I bought a new tablet this year and within 1 month the browser and software was out of date... These products work perfectly fine why should i need to constantly update browsers? Its for the benefit of the corps probably... They should be designing their websites with backwards functionality not so that they websites dont work unless you have the most up to date browser. 

not interested in getting on the Constant/Perpetual update hamster wheel...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@D3rrick 

You might also try the online activation assistance here:

Online Activation Assistance

Anonymous
Not applicable

@D3rrick 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

or try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@D3rrick wrote:

Cannot Activate cause of Error 821, Cleared cache and used another browser instance still same problem. Then tried to send in a Ticket and got Error 404. 

Request HUMAN PLEASE!!

Request Human???

do not  try activate again.  With Error 821,  it could be because user use IMEI for porting and entered the wrong one

But before you try again, first check if credit card  was charged, it is possible your line was activated but just stuck with the activation request.  Check first.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@D3rrick wrote:

Request HUMAN PLEASE!!

@D3rrick  - did you get to the payment section and get charged for the activation?

IF so, insert your Public Mobile SIM card, reboot the phone and see if you have any services.

Performing a reset of the network settings is a good thing to do after activating a new account as well.

Can you log into your Self Serve account: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/

If you were not charged, then see other posters suggestions.

Good Luck!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@D3rrick wrote:

Request HUMAN PLEASE!!

Try again in 15 mins. Hang in there.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@D3rrick wrote:

Request HUMAN PLEASE!!

We're all humans here.

Try:

• clearing cache and cookies
  • open incognito tab
  • try again

Or, you could try again with a completely different browser from a different computer.

If after this you STILL cannot activate, try reaching out to a Customer Support Agent.  To contact a CSA, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select contact Customer Support Agent, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.