cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh....around and around 4 customer service reps

Riki
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can someone stay with me to solve my problem?

Public Mobile is not recognizing and not giving me service on my physical Sim card.

-I've been using the service for years

-when my credit card on file didn't go thru (cancelled) Nov. 1

-i put a new credit card on file, and even double paid it my mistake trying to get it turned on

-My account on public mobile is now in good standing.  Everything looks as it should 

-My sim manager on my android looks great.  My phone number is listed and everything.

-I've cleared cache; checked my account on my phone app and PC internet; I put my sim into an old phone and it didn't work;  I put a Telus Sim from another phone into my phone and it worked;  I've bought another Physical Sim for public mobile and installed it in my phone and it doesn't work.

-it seems to me that the problem is on the public mobile side to acknowledge me again since the hiccup with payment.

Help please

Richelle

12 REPLIES 12

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just make sure the Public Mobile SIM card is active, make sure the account is active, and make sure the phone is unlocked.

The OP has already done two out of three. But has the phone actually been tested and confirmed to be unlocked?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

So it looks like you did add funds and paid your bill with new card.
Did you try your old SIM in another phone?
Did you transfer your service to new SIM through My Account?
Does your old/new SIM work in another phone?
Is your account Active (log in to confirm).

It could be that SIM is not 'connected' (activated) somehow with your account.

Did you try to contact agent for assistance? Open a ticket or mail agent directly if ticket is not working for you (through chatbot).

If opening a ticket does not work very first time, contact agent directly: send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking (Ctrl+) Here

Riki

My payment did go through 

I don't know where it should say active.  But the screen shows my service active from Nov. 1 - Dec. 1

Riki

Yes

Riki

It's not carrier locked, I've used this phone and public mobile for years before my payment hiccup.

@Riki 

when you got the new sim...did you actually change the sim number in your account ??

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Riki 

You mentioned you bought a new SIM card. Did you actually activate that in self service?

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

A Telus SIM worked in the phone.

Two Public Mobile SIMs did not work in the phone.

The phone could be carrier-locked to Telus (and possibly also Koodo). You can confirm/deny this by trying another SIM card from another network - Bell, Virgin, Lucky, Rogers, Fido, Chatr, etc. If the phone works then it's not carrier-locked. If the phone does not work then it is carrier-locked (if even you believe or you've been told otherwise). "Invalid SIM" and "SIM not recognized" or simply being unable to make any calls (other than emergency calls) are all signs of a locked-out phone.

Riki

I also added $5 data add on, so there is activity on the account.  Will reboot my phone now.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Riki 

Log into self service. Does your status say Active? Look at your payment history in self service. Did your payment go through?

Riki

I put my old/original sim with my pepper cell phone number on it back into my phone.

I tried dialing 611, but I get "no mobile network" error same as when I try to make a phone call.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Riki 

put the old sim back in the phone as long as you didn't change the pin number, that is. Dial 611 to hear current account status. Log in to your account to actually see status. Try adding $1 to your account using the new cc.

Need Help? Let's chat.