cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE - I NEED A PERSON: NOW.

medicating
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

GET ME AN ACTUAL PERSON NOW OR I'M CANCELLING ALL OF MY SERVICE. THIS IS UNBELIEVABLY TERRIBLE. THIS ENTIRE PROCESS IS SOURED, TAINTED, AND I'M PULLING MY HAIR OUT FRUSTRATED. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. NOT NOW, RIGHT NOW. NOW. I WANT A PERSON TO CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY OR I'M DONE WITH THIS COOKIE CUTTER AWFUL CELL PHONE COMPANY. PERSON. NOW. NOW...!!

17 REPLIES 17

Naru89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey. Sorry to hear that your having a frustrating time with this service providers customer service. As a newcomer it will be very frustrating to basically learn how to be the "service agent" yourself and troubleshoot problems, like porting out. 

BUT, I can say that I have been using public mobile for years because it's plans are relevant, the service rarely needs to be troubleshot, and there is no bull from contracts. It's honestly worth the frustration, in my opinion. I have referred several persons to public mobile (they are still using public mobile to this day) and they don't see a need to replace it. I have NEVER found a better service in Canada then Public Mobile. Even though the reason why I came online today was to find a solution to the two payments of $73.45, and my Sim remaining active but disconnected from the services. Hopefully they will have a solution for your account soon.

Also: I apologized that I can't give you much in the ways of idea for your problem. If you can redo the process to recreate a new number instead, that might solve the issue for you. It might not. Let me know if you did create a new number and it resolved your problem. Welcome to the community and please don't let the culture shock of self service rob you a great provider.

That's your call @medicating .    Bell might do it - tell them you lost your phone & SIM card and you cannot afford to repurchase just to transfer the number.   You might reach an empathetic representative who'll authorize the transfer to Public Mobile.

You can also try do this on the self-serve screen under your PROFILE tab.

If it won't let you because you had already started the port process, then contact the customer support agents for help with that.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to them by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

medicating

can I just forget about the number transfer then...?? I'll just forget about the old number, I'm not paying more money just to move a number over... I tried poking around to see if I could do that, just to get the **bleep** thing working... and I couldn't see any way to "go back" and just choose a Public number they provide...

@medicating 

I understand, however the port authorization text must be sent from the PRIOR mobile service provider to their SIM card for the port to be authorized from them to here.

It's a fairly common industry norm.

The ONLY way around that is if Bell will agree to a verbal port request, however, given Bell's manner of dealing with customers, they likely won't do that for you (i, too, moved from there to the TELUS group of companies years ago because, well frankly, they sucked)

medicating

you mean I'd have to buy minutes, for a month, that I'm not going to use after one phone call and text message.

medicating

no, it doesn't have service, why would I purchase minutes for the provider I'm no longer using...?? I bought minutes with Public...! and unfortunately, it's just me... no one who's phone I can borrow... 

Your previous provider service/account MUST be active to move a number from it to elsewhere.

You'll need to straighten that out before you can transfer any number here.

This is the same for any mobile service provider number port, @medicating .

medicating

yes yes it makes sense from a security standpoint... still, I cannot make calls - my service isn't working... and my previous provider account has no money on it, I'm switching to Public...!

You should have service under the Bell number, shouldn't you @medicating ? Just put that SIM card in and call them, or borrow someone else's device to make the call.

It's essential that one replies WITHIN the 90 minute window or the port won't work.   The reason for this is to prevent unauthorized transfers of one's number.

Please call the number in the link i sent and they'll re-trigger the port for you @medicating 

medicating

oh christ I had no idea... and I can't call, I have no service...!!! that's what I'm trying to get working...!!

medicating

I never actually was able to do the reply within the 90 minute window... I'm thinking if I was able to, everything would work...??

medicating

hello...! I apologize for my message, it's a very stressful time of year, and just for me in general...!! is there any way you can attempt the number transfer again, I've got my old sim ready, ready to reply yes to the Bell text message...??

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@medicating 

If you are porting a number into your PM account I will pm you a number to call in the morning. Check email icon on this page.

medicating

please, can someone actually make the cell service I paid for actually WORK, please, now...?? this is ridiculous. it's so incredibly frustrating. for the love of god, please, PLEASE someone just DO IT please...!?!

medicating

I need someone to put my number transfer thru. please. I have my old sim ready to reply to the text within 90 mins. I just want my cell service working again. why does this have to be so frustrating and difficult. 

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@medicating 

There is no number to call to talk to an actual person. You can contact an agent:

• you can send a private message to an Agent by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, they strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.