cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA providers while roaming problems

mellondon
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello all (again) I’m sure having my fill of problems. For the last 2.5 to 3 years I have had this 60.00 USA plan , I would manually switch to AT&T  and carry on. Started last week it will not pick up AT&T if my life depended on it. I can put it on t mobile but it’s out of service more then it’s in service. I have reset my phone more than once. So my question is did P/M drop AT&T as a provider while in the USA. 

AA9661EA-38C5-41CF-8F26-580FD9B1D4D8.png

F4D41924-626E-4B68-8F00-BF97631FA63D.png

11 REPLIES 11

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon 

Whats the make and model model of your phone?

mellondon

I’m crossing into the USA again today so I’ll see what happens 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon 

I am wondering why you have an issue choosing at&t. Maybe talking to Apple may be in order as to why you have difficulty choosing a provider in the US.

mellondon

T-Mobile is what I’m on now very spotty to say the least. We’ll wait and see what transpires 

@mellondon wrote:

So what about lte. Or we’re just out of luck as pm customers who work and travel in the USA.  Am I missing something 

HI @mellondon   For now, PM voice is going via 3G and text and data can go through both 3G and LTE

US is taking down 3G and it will have no voice in area without 3G.  Text and data will not be affected

However, CS Agent replied to another user confirming that PM is working on VoLTE with US  and hopefully it will be there by end of September.  With VoLTE enabled, you can have voice on LTE .  But until this becomes true, you still need to look for 3G for voice in your area.  Check T-Mobile first as T-Mobile is not starting to remove 3G until July

mellondon

So what about lte. Or we’re just out of luck as pm customers who work and travel in the USA.  Am I missing something 

mellondon

Yes I believe you’re right. 

mellondon

I phone 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah AT & T has basically phased out 3G so it seems like T-Mobile is more reliable for PM customers, they will all be going this route soon so PM will either have to update or get rid of the US roaming altogether.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I doubt it is PM's issue. Most likely it is due to slowly 3G shut down in USA.

If you are frequent US visitor you should consider pay as you go US SIM (if such thing exists) or to use voip app like TextNow.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mellondon- what phone do you have.  US carriers (including AT&T) have started shutting down 3G service.

Need Help? Let's chat.