cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA add on's didn't work

flafffel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I bought USA add on's when I was in LA for the weekend. 

They didn't work at all I tried all the help your bot gave me at the time like restarted my phone , selecting different networks etc.. nothing worked I couldn't use my phone at all , no calls no data

I bought 2 add on's on Jan the 4th can I get a refund for them please. It cost me 45$

8 REPLIES 8

@Kfortin   According to your other thread you were in Mexico, which is not part of the USA and therefore a US add on does not work there.  Public Mobile does not have roaming elsewhere than the USA.  You need to contact customer service at the links you were given to try for a refund.

Kfortin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you get a refund? I bought an add on that didn't work also and was wondering how to get refunded. I tried all the fixes they suggested also and none worked.

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Phil_Adelphus - That is true, I did hear that when I was looking at T-Mobile.

@fixin   Also that trick will soon be retired, since T-Mobile is removing their 2G network in April ish this year.

That's good to know - I just found an article that said T-Mobile has announced April 2 for the 2G shutdown.  That's going to make US roaming even more problematic for people without a VoLTE phone!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Ask agent for refund.

US add-on is not that reliable anymore due to USA network change. People should use free voip apps and off-line maps for navigation or dedicated GPSr (Garmin).

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

What you may wish to know, however, is from the point of purchase, they only last 15 days.

So if you bought them on January 4, and your travel occurred AFTER January 19, they would have expired by then.  Additionally, you can only use 1 at a time, then re-buy the same one or add a different one after it expires.   All the preceding could have impacted your ability to have US services via PM Roaming.

Still @flafffel , perhaps you might want to contact the support agents to advise.

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@flafffel  - Is it possible that your phone isn't VoLTE Compatible, if not, go to T-Mobile and Selecting 2G as the network option. Also that trick will soon be retired, since T-Mobile is removing their 2G network in April ish this year.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Chances are the support agents will do this for you @flafffel 

Just be patient and polite with them, letting them know you tried the recommended actions.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to them by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.