Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA add on didn't work

M58
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my USA add on phone text and data didn't work

6 REPLIES 6

@M58  the text and data worked, but no voice. I would like to get a refund

Then it sounds like most likely your phone is not VoLTE capable/enabled.  A couple of years or so back every mobile customer in the United States had to get a VoLTE capable phone if they didn't already have one because the 3G networks there were shut down by the end of 2022.  The only option left for a non-VoLTE phone is T-Mobile if the phone will drop to 2G and this is also being shut down so not available everywhere.  In Canada we still have 3G so it's not a problem here as yet.  If this is the case, since your add-on worked for text and data I do not know if customer service will give you a refund.  The only way is to try, using the chat icon bottom right as I suggested earlier.

M58
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

the text and data worked, but no voice. I would like to get a refund

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@M58  You say text and data didn't work but did voice calls?  Did you connect to AT&T or T-Mobile (not Verizon), have data roaming turned on, phone set to 4G/LTE and not 5G and have a VoLTE phone?  If the phone is not VoLTE enabled then only T-Mobile on 2G works for voice calls where it is still available.  If you're back now and want to ask for a refund open a ticket at the chat icon bottom right of this page.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @M58 

I've been to the US several times and did the following. First, I went into network settings and turned off automatic and chose T-Mobile. I made sure that Data roaming was turned on. Then rebooted. I was up and running! If you need a step by step guide, let us know what phone you have.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@M58 

Are you still in the United States and asking for troubleshooting advice?

Try to select either T mobile or AT&T as carrier. 

Here is some more information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/us-roaming-troubleshooting

Need Help? Let's chat.