cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA Add On

fosterkaitlin91
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can anyone clarify if the USA add-on for ‘talk and text’ allows a Canadian traveller to SMS text (send and receive) a Canadian phone while in the USA??? It says it offers USA talk/text but I need to confirm I can communicate with Canadians by sms while in America 

4 REPLIES 4

@Gwanzi  "but remember change your provider service to AT&T, or you could not receive service when you are in USA!" 

T-Mobile is also an option.  Best to try one and then the other if the first doesn't work well.

Gwanzi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It depends on whether you have purchase the 15 Day US roaming talk/text option, if yes, you can text and call, but remember change your provider service to AT&T, or you could not receive service when you are in USA!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@fosterkaitlin91 wrote:

Can anyone clarify if the USA add-on for ‘talk and text’ allows a Canadian traveller to SMS text (send and receive) a Canadian phone while in the USA??? It says it offers USA talk/text but I need to confirm I can communicate with Canadians by sms while in America 

If you load the 15 Day US roaming talk/text option successfully, you'll be able to call and text most any US and Cdn number. You'll also be able to recieve calls and texts while you're in US...for 360 hours.

The talk portion of the add-on works best in US if you have volte enabled on your cell phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fosterkaitlin91 yes, allow you to call and text from US to Canada and revive calls and texts as well 

Need Help? Let's chat.