cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming

Marnie10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the US roaming package and I can receive data but I can not make or receive calls on T mobile or AT&T

5 REPLIES 5

Marnie10

Hi, I manually connected to T Mobile. If the is 2G still available it is spotty at best and I haven't found it yet. Thanks for your help.

@Marnie10 wrote:

Hi, I am in the central west coast of Florida. Phone is LG G5

@Marnie10   can you manually connect to T-Mobile?  According to https://www.gsma.com/coverage/#466 , T-Mobile has 2G coverage there and you should be able to use voice.  Since AT&T has shutdown the 3G network, connecting to AT&T will give you data but not voice

Just in case you need voice in a rush but it is still not working, download VoIP app TextNow.  TextNow allows you to use regular voice call using it's app.  It will work as long as you have data and wifi.  Also, it will give you another 10 digits number, you can pick a Canadian one so your can give it to your family and the can reach you at that new TextNow phone number 

Marnie10

Hi, I am in the central west coast of Florida. Phone is LG G5

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Which state are you currently in ? If Alaska...there 's been reports that the roaming add-on doesn't work any longer,  in that state

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Marnie10   for voice, because of the 3G shutdown, you can only connect to T-Mobile and try to use their 2G network for voice calls.   While many area has T-Mobile 2G network, not everywhere has it.  Which city and state you are at?  Also, what kind of phone (brand and model) do you have?

Try to manually connect to T-Mobile again and see if it works.  

Need Help? Let's chat.