cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming

mjoeck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a US roaming add-on, but it doesn't work. Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @mjoeck,

We replied to your message. Please check your inbox 🙂

Thank you,

Syed

amasood
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, the add-ons do work because I have purchased them as well. They seem to work great!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mjoeck wrote:

Sorry, I pressed accept as solution by accident. I purchased a $20 add-on for texting, calling and data. My available funds was reduced by $20. I activated cellular data roaming and restarted the phone. Yet I can't do anything on roaming.

So now you see the add-on down in your add-ons area of the overview page?

It's not *just* cellular data. It's simply a roaming option. Then you need to get connected to either t-mobile or at&t. You might be manually set to Telus/Koodo/PM. You need to be able to scan and find the US providers.

mjoeck

Sorry, I pressed accept as solution by accident. I purchased a $20 add-on for texting, calling and data. My available funds was reduced by $20. I activated cellular data roaming and restarted the phone. Yet I can't do anything on roaming.

mjoeck

@Moderator_Team It's still not working. I activated cellular data and restarted the phone, yet every time I try to use data a box pops up that says I need to activate cellular data- even though I already have. I'm feeling very frustrated. I'm going to leave the US in 20 hours, so I don't need the roaming any more, and haven't been able to use it. I would like a refund for the add-on.

@mjoeck wrote:

@Moderator_Team I've now spent $20 on US roaming, but it's not working. I purchased it yesterday morning. Am returning to Canada tomorrow. I'd like to remove the add-on given that it's not working...

I suspect it is one of the 2 points that @Anonymous mentioned. If you had purchased the $10 US roaming the first time you would not be able to purchase that same pkg again until the first expired. (10 Days)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mjoeck, If you still can't get it to work after following @Anonymous 's tips, you can contact the moderators via private message when you return, and see what they can do for you.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mjoeck wrote:

@Moderator_Team I've now spent $20 on US roaming, but it's not working. I purchased it yesterday morning. Am returning to Canada tomorrow. I'd like to remove the add-on given that it's not working...

Did you do the two steps?

1. add money to your account.

2. buy add-on

If your Available Funds shows the amount in step 1 then you didn't do step 2.

Then also restart your phone. Turn on the roaming option in your phone. Find T-Mobile or AT&T.

mjoeck

Need Help? Let's chat.