cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming

Tom57
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a 50.00 is talk text pkg and want to add US roaming. What’s the difference between 250MB and 1 GB and 3 GB?

13 REPLIES 13

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Please post a screenshot of your subscription details, minus any personal information. If you actually have a Canada/US plan you do not need a separate roaming add-on.

Also if your plan is $50, there are cheaper options for Canada/US starting at $39 now. Might want to check it out.

hi@Tom57 

you shouldn't needt o add a roaming addon to have it work.  With the Cana-US plan, all you need to do is to enable Mobile roaming data on the phone.

I think you should check with support agent and ask them to fix it and refund you the addon that you shouldn't need to buy, please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

Tom57

I do have the 50.00 a month Canada US plan but my data didn’t work until I added the roaming add on. 

@Tom57 

I'm confused also...do you have one of the US / Canada plans as your regular plan ? If so, that comes with data that can be used in either country. You also shouldn't need to buy a data add-on unless you've used up all your regular plan data.

Tom57

My data wasn’t working when we first got down here until I added the US roaming add on. Confusing.

@Tom57 wrote:

I get that. Last month it was 15.00 but this new billing offers 10 20 and 25 dollars. I don’t use that much data so the 10 dollar will likely do. As I already have the monthly plan Canada US talk text, I’m guessing I no longer need the 15 dollar add on

If you have the US / Canada plans...you won't need the data add-on unless you run outta the plan data.

Tom57

Thanks 

@Tom57   If your plan is Canada/US you don't need any add-on unless you're likely to run over your plan data.

Tom57

Thanks

Tom57

I get that. Last month it was 15.00 but this new billing offers 10 20 and 25 dollars. I don’t use that much data so the 10 dollar will likely do. As I already have the monthly plan Canada US talk text, I’m guessing I no longer need the 15 dollar add on

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Tom57 

250mb's

1GB = 4x250mb's

3GB = 12 x 250mb's

Just more data.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Tom57 

they are all 15 days long data add-on.  the amount of data is the difference.  If you think you need to use a lot, get the 1GB or 3GB

and if you need text and voice when you are in US , get the bundle

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Tom57  Price and amount of data 

Need Help? Let's chat.