cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming minutes

megpancucci
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought the US roaming plan but I can’t make or receive any calls to/from Canada. 

7 REPLIES 7

Oh bummer @megpancucci , whilst in USA, only Roaming addons will provide you with services you are looking for.

To add to  @softech 's post about asking CSA to refund you the addon for 400 minutes (this is for use whilst in Canada only), here are the two methods to reach CSA to fix you up:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

@megpancucci wrote:

And can I call to Canada from the US with that or just able to call within the US? 

I’m in Hawaii. 

@megpancucci   Yes, the US Roaming allows you to call back to Canada

You need T-Mobile 2G network for voice call  , and   Hawaii should have T-Mobile 2G network for your voice according to :

https://www.gsma.com/coverage/#466

But if you don't want the trouble to use Roaming Voice, you can download VoIP App TextNow and try to use the app to call back Canada for free.  It will work as long as you have Wifi 

megpancucci

And can I call to Canada from the US with that or just able to call within the US? 

I’m in Hawaii. 

@megpancucci wrote:

400 international LD minutes. I’m in the US trying to call Canada 

@megpancucci 

sorry, you got the wrong add-on. 

the 400 Internation LD minute is not to be used in US

You need to buy US-Roaming Talk add-on

You can buy that back first and then open ticket with PM and ask them to reverse the transaction for your LD minutes

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@megpancucci wrote:

I bought the US roaming plan but I can’t make or receive any calls to/from Canada. 

@megpancucci   To/From Canada?

are you in US  now?  

US roaming is to use when you are in US and to try to receive and make calls from there

Which city and state you are at?

Try to manually connect to T-Mobile network and see if you can connect.  If it connects, you should be able to use your US roaming Talk

megpancucci

400 international LD minutes. I’m in the US trying to call Canada 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@megpancucci Which US Roaming add-on did you buy? Please know that these add-ons lets you make call while roaming in the USA. Are you currently trying to make calls to Canada from USA?

Need Help? Let's chat.