cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US data text talk

Tiaraqueen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The data portion isn't working. Do I have to enable data roaming on addition to mobile data? I get a message that I will incur roaming charges.

10 REPLIES 10

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @dust2dust   i think AT&T will come back, maybe when VoLTE is enabled? 

PM still showing T-Mobile and AT&T are both the roaming choices

Maybe AT&T will come back eventually, but it's definitely not an option now. There was an announcement about that I believe here in the forums, but you're right - the official FAQ page still states AT&T is an option, which should be updated. 🙂

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/us-roaming

@hTideGnow- You and I both know this place is terrible for keeping up their information.

So fine, when VoLTE rolls out we can see if AT&T returns. Until then, all of us that know things better than the company will wait and see.

HI @dust2dust   i think AT&T will come back, maybe when VoLTE is enabled? 

PM still showing T-Mobile and AT&T are both the roaming choices

@Nezgar- hairbag1 and I have experienced no connecting to AT&T at all. Auto or manual. If the phone is as normal set to auto then there's now no need to manually connect to T-Mobile because they're the only ones that let you connect.

@Handy1 wrote:

@Tiaraqueen  Make sure your connected T mobile and reboot the device 

Further to this, the reason is that AT&T used to be a roaming partner for Public Mobile, but is not any longer, so if your phone is connecting to AT&T this is why you may need to manually choose the T-mobile network.

@Tiaraqueen  Make sure your connected T mobile and reboot the device 

Tiaraqueen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have and it still doesn't work. When I also enable data roaming, I get a message stating roaming charges will be applied.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Tiaraqueen yes, you need to turn on Data Roaming while in the USA to use a data addon.

EDIT, you will not get charged extra fees, as this is prepaid services. You do need to purchase the Roaming data addon though,

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Tiaraqueen   yes, on your device, you need to enable Mobile Data roaming for it to work

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Tiaraqueen  Yes 

Adding yes to data roaming on no you won’t be charged for it … will only work with US roaming add  on 

Need Help? Let's chat.