cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US data roaming add on not wokong

inkspill
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. I purchased a US talk/text add on (two actually-one by accident) and followed the top up procedure. All looks good. But it is not working. I have trouble shot all the things mentioned in help articles and set to APN:SP.MB.COM. Roaming is on, data is on...automatically connected to T-mobile and LTE mostly. Can anyone please help?

10 REPLIES 10

@Timer wrote:

nice info and how to trust those info is right

HI @Timer 

You have no worry to trust the info provided by @darlicious , she has been here long and has devoted lots of time in the Community and did her research in Wireless service.  

Couple other members are like that too.  In fact, I honestly believe many of the members in this Community know more than the CS Agents here (oops  🤣😁

nice info and how to trust those info is right

HI @Timer , the Get Help pages usually a bit too general

For US Roaming (and 3G shutdown in US), check @darlicious  post here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

Open the plan details page and see how many roaming add-ons you have. If you have multiple talk (and maybe text) it won't work properly.

As a test, stay connected to T-Mobile and change your networks to 2G and try a call (when you clear up multiple talk anyway)

you fix it there a lot info

inkspill

Yea thanks. I did search those up.

inkspill

Hi there—we are in San Diego California. It auto connected to T Mobile but I will try to turn off auto connect and connect to AT&T instead. Thanks!

Timer
Mayor / Maire

at the top  Get Help
do you see it
Go straight to our .Help Articles index,
and type U.S. Roaming
and there you will see the Troubleshooting

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@inkspill  which State, city you are at?

Try to manually connect to either T-Mobile or AT&T,  di not rely on Automatic network selection 

Need Help? Let's chat.