cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US data add on

Teetee13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased data US data add on for my trip and it was working fine yesterday. But I noticed that it's been finicky today. I had no data at one point and saw the bar at the top of my phone switch from "5G" to "R" a bunch of times as if trying to connect. I had no data or WiFi so I started walking aimlessly and then the data came back for a few hours and then it happened again. Right now I still have no data and am using my hotels WiFi. 

I've tried restarting my phone, resetting my mobile networks etc and nothing is working. 

Does anyone know what to do to fix this problem? I have to be out and about tomorrow and I don't want to get lost / not be able to call an Uber 😅

Thank you! 

2 REPLIES 2

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Teetee13 

try connect on both T-Mobile and AT&T and see which one work better. 

Also , instead of leaving the network mode on Automatic or 5G, try to change the network type to 4G or LTE. Connection on LTE on T-Mobile and AT&T is more stable and reliable 

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I can't guarantee that this will work for you, but when I was in the States last year I was having spotty data all the time. The phone was set to automatically connect to a network. I decided to manually change it to always connect to T-Mobile and after I did that I never had any issue with data.

Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.