cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US coverage

lorrlash
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got US coverage, am in Anchorage, Alaska but I cannot go online, make calls or send texts. I get a message "not registered on network" how can I go online & make calls?

7 REPLIES 7

lorrlash

Thank you, that was helpful as no AT &T was listed as available network

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@softech Great find!

@lorrlash wrote:

. I have a Samsung A20.

@lorrlash 

You have an A20 and it is not supported on AT&T
https://forums.att.com/conversations/samsung/samsung-galaxy-a20-not-being-supported-in-4g-feb-2022-c...

A20 is not a proper North American version of phone, it does not have the necessary 4G/LTE bands for AT&T.  Your phone could work in Canada because we still have 3G, but AT&T has decommissioned its 3G already and hence there is not proper network to support your phone

Your phone has the band for 2G on T-Mobile for US roaming, but T-Mobile has no coverage in Alaska.  Also, 2G would be slow for data connection even in other states with T-Mobile coverage

Sorry about that.  If you need your data in Alaska now, you will need to use it on a friend's phone that is compatible with AT&T there

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

There's no TMobile coverage in Alaska, only AT&T. And AT&T 5G doesn't work. You'll need to connect to AT&T 4G, which should work. Set your preferred network to 4G.

lorrlash

WIFI is on, data roaming is on, Airplane mode us off, I typed in AT&T in the "Add in Network" bar. Still nothing. I have a Samsung A20. My Us add on worked for a shirt while in Skagway, but nothing since...

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @lorrlash 

It really depends on what phone you have. Public Mobile itself is very limited to only people who use VoLTE enabled phones. If your phone doesn't have VoLTE, it won't work in Alaska. If your phone does have VoLTE, go into your network settings and turn off automatic and see what pops up. Because I've never been there, I have no idea what service is up there. Best to click on a provider there then reboot the phone and try it. If that doesn't work, try picking a different service and reboot. Hope that helps.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@lorrlash 

Alaska has long been a state that is harder to connecting for roaming

but try to manually connect to only AT&T network, and use only 4G for network mode (not 5G).  Of course, make sure mobile roaming is enabled on the phone.  let us know if that works

Need Help? Let's chat.