cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US add ons

Lisad2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have bought 2 US add ons and the are not working. So frustrating as I have no way of communication. Data, text and phone not working

7 REPLIES 7

@Lisad2- The re-buying of these add-ons is the tricky part. It shouldn't be. But it is. The initial purchase should be fine. For that, turn on roaming data and be sure to only be connected to T-Mobile. Data and text should be fine. Talk has coverage limitations so is troublesome.

It's important to realize the exact 240 hours of these add-ons.

There are 3 ways to re-buy. 1. ask support anytime (when open). 2. wait until the 0/10 item in the add-ons list is gone. It might continue showing for 12 hours. 3. Buy a different add-on.

For 3: you bought the single 1gb and probably the talk/text bundle. So after the exact 240 hours, you could buy the talk/text/data bundle. You can also buy a different amount of data even if the first is one still active in its 240 hours. Just don't buy the same one even when it's showing 0/10 and even though it shows up available to be purchased. Don't.

@Lisad2   if you have been in US for 5 weeks, you should have got local prepaid data, it is cheaper and offer you more data

For the roaming add-on you got but cannot use, you can open ticket with PM support, they will usually able to reverse the transactions and put the money back to your account for future use, like renewal

Please open ticket with PM using Chatbot :

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Lisad2

I have been in the US for 5 weeks so I can only imagine what is on the phone when I cross the border

Lisad2

I bought 1g data and talk and text.  Thr first one did not work but I waited 10 days and did it again with same result.  Good bye 90.00 and good bye public mobile

kkawa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I did this a few years ago. I went down to the states for a job interview and it all only worked intermittently. It was super embarrassing. I got voicemails when i landed back in canada from that week, I must've looked like a complete idiot. 

It didnt get fixed. Just letting you know youre not the first and its an ongoing problem. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you go in to the payment history and see the full names of the add-ons you bought? Or provide an image of your payment history showing add-on purchases?

For all, be sure to only connect to T-Mobile. For data, turn on roaming data.

@Lisad2 wrote:

I have bought 2 US add ons and the are not working. So frustrating as I have no way of communication. Data, text and phone not working

Are they both the same add-on?  While the system isn't suppsoed to allow the purchase of two fo the same roaming add-on at the same time, that has been known to cause issue in cases that has happened.

Need Help? Let's chat.