cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US add-ons

IreneG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, will there be other options in the future for add-ons for the US? Right now it's only for 10 days and that's not really handy when you stay for a month......Maybe a monthly plan (with prices that match that)?

7 REPLIES 7

@kelvarnsen wrote:

That was the one @Jb456 . A pretty good deal for someone who does regular travelling I would think (especially factoring in the various monthly credits). And especially when it is easy to just change back and forth between plans every 30 days.

@kelvarnsen  yes a very good deal However wouldn't be the best choice of plan to switch from one plan to another as plans are never guaranteed to remain. As you can see the plan is gone now. So the only people that still have that plan are the ones that never changed to another. If they did change they could not get it back.

Although if you play times right when plan was available. Night before renewal checking if $60 plan was still available, selecting change at next renewal for a lower plan,...getting charged for new plan then going back to selecting change at next renewal for $60 plan before it disappeared. As as long as the plan was available online and you select change at next renewal they have to give you the plan even if it disappears from the site. That would have worked.

In any event we don't know what the futures holds, always surprises from Public Mobile. I'm sure they're aware that many miss that plan and also want more then 10 day USA Addons. Maybe we'll get something in 2020 😝

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That was the one @Jb456 . A pretty good deal for someone who does regular travelling I would think (especially factoring in the various monthly credits). And especially when it is easy to just change back and forth between plans every 30 days.

@kelvarnsen wrote:

For awhile they had 30-day plans that included features for travellers (like they included talk and text in the US I think). I can't remember the exact details but maybe they might bring those back.

@kelvarnsen  

This was the plan. Also agree it would be nice if they brought it back.

Plan details:

$60 for 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text

• 30-day plan
  • 8 GB of Canada-wide data at 3G speed + 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada/US Talk & Text - You could talk and text as much as you like from Canada to the U.S., and vice versa! 
  • Additional 2 GB of US data roaming
  • International text included in both Canada + U.S.

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For awhile they had 30-day plans that included features for travellers (like they included talk and text in the US I think). I can't remember the exact details but maybe they might bring those back.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check https://www.mintmobile.com/ who offer longer term options.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

You never know what the future holds .. Public Mobile is always evaluating things.

Remember only buy one 10 day add-on at a time. It starts as soon as you buy. Two steps to buy an add-on. Guide below.

Guide Click Me. 

You can also look into TEXTNOW APP. You get a Canadian number in your area which will allow you to call Canada and USA numbers as well as text for FREE over wifi. People can even leave you a voicemail when you're not online.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@IreneG No, as far as I am aware, there are no such options in the pipeline. Try getting a local SIM. And using a voip app such as TextNow over WiFi to make/recive/send  calls and texts. 

@IreneG wrote:

Hi, will there be other options in the future for add-ons for the US? Right now it's only for 10 days and that's not really handy when you stay for a month......Maybe a monthly plan (with prices that match that)?

Need Help? Let's chat.