cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US add-on roaming purchase not working

Kathryn37
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased US roaming $20 package yesterday. Credit card was charged. My Account page does not show the purchase and my service is unavailable. How do i get my phone to work? I am in the US now. 

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kathryn37 

Clear your browser. Login using secret/incognito mode. This should present you with an updated self-serve account and you can check your payment history to see if you have added the $20 us roaming bundle add-on successfully or not. If so you should see it on your plans and add-ons page.

Make sure you have enabled roaming. Reboot your phone. Manually select T-Mobile as there are issues with AT&t and you can't get voice services on their Network. Ensure that your network mode is also selected as 4G/3G/2G (auto connect).

You should be able to use your text and mobile data while you're connected to T-Mobile's 4G LTE network if you're also in the area service by the 2G network your voice calls will automatically drop to that Network for incoming or outgoing calls.

Please read the following linked post on the changes that affect Public Mobile' roaming services in the US.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

CGO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM Talk roaming in US has poor coverage under T-mobile 2G/3G. Better to get local sim or use voip.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately it has been getting really bad due to the 3G issue, I think they should just pull off the roaming options until they get with the times. Voip apps and local prepaid sims are definitely a more reliable option and probably more cost efficient too.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Due to USA shutting down 3G US add-on are not reliable anymore and seldom work. So your mileage might vary...

There is a notice on PM Help site

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/us-roaming

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Manually connect to T-Mobile. Roaming is very problematic these days. Particularly talk. Text and data should be fine though. There are also areas that will just give you nothing.

Need Help? Let's chat.