Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US add oh

Lisasusanhill
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

I just bought 10 days of talk and text add on for US

so I can call Canadian and US numbers now? And text unlimited to both ? And not need wifi?

7 REPLIES 7

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Lisasusanhill wrote:

Hi 

so I can call Canadian and US numbers now? And text unlimited to both ? And not need wifi?

@Lisasusanhill 

After you've purchased the Roaming add-on (basically placed sufficient funds to cover the cost of the add-on), you need to add it to the account.

Once it's added, it's active.  Sometimes rebooting device is needed to get things rolling but that is very much YMMV.

And YES, you can text, call, & use mobile data, to USA and Canada while in the US.

@Lisasusanhill wrote:

So this is unlimited for both and I just go for it once it shows up? 
Thanks for all this

@Lisasusanhill 

What do you mean by "once it shows up? ".

If the purchase has been completed successfully, the add-on should show up immediately in your Account. 

If you don't see it and the $$ is sitting in Available funds, then you missed the second step of the buying process: go back to the Buy add-ons page and make the purchase again. The funds will be taken from your account balance.

Reminder: Purchasing an add-on?
Be sure to:
1. Add funds to your account if you don`t have enough money in Available Funds,
2. Go back to the add-ons page and select your add-on. Complete the purchase.

@Lisasusanhill wrote:

Thanks for all this

@Lisasusanhill 

Yes, unlimited for both while traveling in the USA for the 10 days.  It should be automatic connection or you can manually choose.  Either to AT&T or T mobile (Public mobile US partners).

Lisasusanhill
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for all this

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Lisasusanhill wrote:

Hi 

@Lisasusanhill 

Check if your payment has been processed and the roaming add-ons show up in your Plan details (Overview page)

If everything is in order, then the roaming add-ons are good to go for 240 hours from the time you completed the purchase, as long as you're in the US with roaming turned on.(And the answer is Yes to your questions).

But if that's not what you meant to buy and just wanted the add-on to call the US from Canada, then what you need is the 1000 US Long Distance Minutes @$15.

If you've indeed made a mistake, contact CS immediately to ask for a credit and switching to the right add-on.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lisasusanhill wrote:

Hi 

@Lisasusanhill 

Do you see the addon listed in your overview section of your Self Serve account?

IF so, great.

As long as YOU are in the U.S.A. this 10-day roaming addon should work.

It will not work, while you are in Canada. You need other regular addons for this service.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lisasusanhill , the US add-on is effective immediately upon purchase.  Please note that it works when connected to partner network while roaming in the US.  

Need Help? Let's chat.