cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming

TerryK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My first US Roaming worked fine.  When I try to purchase Add-on I get the same process except the Roaming is not showing up.  Also, I get a downloaded receipt that shows total amount paid $22.40.  Still no roaming.  Help!

17 REPLIES 17

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I'd still like to know if you waited over 24 hours from the time of expiration of the previous same add-on. To not wait requires support. You can choose to not wait if you buy a different add-on after the expiration. You need to know the  exact time that you bought the previous add-on.

Different data add-ons can bought any time while one is active. Not talk. I'm not sure about text.

TerryK

Working now after two days without cell service.  Seems the only way to get it to work is to purchase add-on, download your receipt, check your account (which won't show your new add-on) and then start the process all over again with C service to get a ticket and for them to eventually rectify the situation at their end.  So far, that is the workaround.  They should just publish this in their add-on instructions as that seems to be the only way to get US Roaming to actually work.  A friend of mine is having the exact same experience.

Again with a re-buy problem. Did you wait 24 hours after the last one expired? Did you buy the same one? Did you ask support this time?

TerryK

You might think it's bad but I'll tell you it's worse than that!  Once again my US Roaming Add-on has failed to materialize even though I have the receipt that it was paid.  Another full day with no access and no solution from customer service.  They claimed that they had fixed it at their end but account still shows 0 for 11 day on Roaming and no connection.  False advertising - system breakdown.  This doesn't work folks!  Not fun to have a non-working cell phone in today's travel environment.  Still waiting for customer service to figure this out.  Mad as hell!

Bruddy

I bought the first add-on and the bought the second add-on. The second add-on didn't work. I sent a dm to CS_Agent and the fixed it right away. I just had to restart my phone. Everything is working now.

@Bruddy- Do you mean re-buying add-ons? Or that an add-on didn't work?

Bruddy

I'm having the exact same problem. Chatbot Simon was useless. I just sent a OM to CS_Agent. This is not acceptable.

Which exact add-on is now active? The 3-part bundle, 2-part bundle, singles? Data or talk or text or all of the above?

There used to be a delay of another 24 hours after the actual 240 hour expiry of the add-on to buy the same one again. If you would be willing to be without for 24 hours then you could verify that.

Or a workaround AFTER expiry is to buy a different add-on. So say you got the 3-part bundle. After the 240 hours, you could buy the 2-part bundle. etc. You can buy different buckets of data whenever you like. Do NOT buy talk while one is active.

Just keep track of the time of day you buy these add-ons. A little hard to do now with the help from support though.

TerryK

Customer service restored my US roaming Add-on after being without it for a couple of days.  Clearly the system for purchasing Add-on's is buggy.  I received a receipt for my payment but the add-on never showed in account.  Sure hope I don't have to go through this again 10 days from now to renew.  If it happens again - time to with cell providers.

perplexed

I had the same thing happen, first 10 days talk and text expired and I couldn't renew despite getting the "success, purchase complete" message and downloading the receipt. After 2 days I tried buying the talk, text and data and it went through no problem.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

Yeah, that'll work too, I guess.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@TerryK   If you need the links to customer support here's one for the chatbot (try first) and one for CS_Agent if unable to submit a ticket:

chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

CS_Agent:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@TerryK 

I know, this system blows big time!

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck 🤞

TerryK

O'kay I'll try.  Not very happy with this system

@TerryK 

You have to use the Chatbot Simon to get a ticket for help with that purchase for you.

If you have trouble navigating through the Chatbot Simon for a ticket for help, then send a private message to CS_Agent

TerryK

I cannot figure out how to contact support

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you see the $20 in your balance? If so it seems like another re-purchase victim. If not then click on the little spinner refresh icons lower down to see if the information updates. Maybe the $20 shows up then too.

And finally, you'll want to contact support to re-purchase the add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.