cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming

Peewee1947
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just purchased a 10-day US Roaming package. It seems to have gone through successfully. There is a renewal date enabled, which I assume will allow me to automatically get additional packages for as long as I need. My question is: Do I simply cancel the renewal date when I have sufficient coverage for my trip?

17 REPLIES 17

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Peewee1947 wrote:

I just purchased a 10-day US Roaming package. It seems to have gone through successfully. There is a renewal date enabled, which I assume will allow me to automatically get additional packages for as long as I need. My question is: Do I simply cancel the renewal date when I have sufficient coverage for my trip?

@Peewee1947I realize this has already been solved, but was wondering if you could share which US carrier your phone was roaming with and the state(s)?  The reason I ask is many US carriers will be turning off 3G by early 2022, thus one will need a VoLTE compatible handset.  Presently PM does not support VoLTE thus all voice calls are carried over the 3G network.

Do you recall/know if your voice calls were VoLTE?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peewee1947 

anywhere has WI-FI Free

you can use a app Textme or Talkatone, and you will getting new canadian number for Free from that app,

• Unlimited Call \ SMS \ MMS a Free USA/Canada.

Here link for app Talkatone.

Here link for app Text Me.

enjoy your trip....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peewee1947 : A drawback of a different provider or a voip app is that you don't have your number. You can however _receive_ texts while in the states with the Public Mobile service. There have also been odd reports of receiving calls.

Then call or text back with the other options.

@Peewee1947...you could download free voip app like TextNow. It uses wifi and you can call / text most any US and Cdn numbers. Cafes, restaurants, motels all have free wifi nowadays...you might just have to ask for their password.

I'd def go with getting a sim and a cheap plan for your extended trip to US.

@Peewee1947  check around, they have  some prepaid data service.

then you can use VoIP app like TextNow to call back Canada for free.

Peewee1947

An inexpensive US SIM and package sounds good to me. Thanks.

@Peewee1947 wrote:

I need 4 10-day packages for my trip. It is very inconvenient to lose that service for any amount of time. Is there anything else anyone can recommend, short of buying  my roaming package from someone else?

renewal 10 days roaming is trouble., asking CS Agent help is the way but they might not reply promptly

plus 4x 10 days is quiet some money

would you consider using US prepaid data?  easier, more data and cheaper

@Peewee1947 wrote:

I need 4 10-day packages for my trip. It is very inconvenient to lose that service for any amount of time. Is there anything else anyone can recommend, short of buying  my roaming package from someone else?

@Peewee1947 

As I've mentioned, you can ask CS to renew the package immediately after it expires.

You can also bridge the gap by using a voip like Textnow on wifi for free calls and texts.

Peewee1947

@Peewee1947 wrote:

Does that mean I will be without the use of my phone until I renew it the day after the 10-day plan expires?

If you plan to be in US for longer then 10 days, consider getting a local sim and a cheap plan. Walmart has cheap plans with N America wide calling for a reasonable price.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peewee1947 wrote:

Does that mean I will be without the use of my phone until I renew it the day after the 10-day plan expires?

@Peewee1947 

for need to renew after the 10 days expires and you have to waiting 25hr to repurchase or you need to contact to CSA,

Peewee1947

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peewee1947 

For US Roaming 10 day packages
Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle = $20
Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle = $15
Unlimited U.S. Talk Only = $8
Unlimited U.S. Text Only = $8
U.S. Data Only 10 day packages
250MB = $10
500MB = $15
1GB = $20

when you visit US and then Purchase it, not in canada won't working,

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you found at Available Funds: $$

Try To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Peewee1947 wrote:

US Roaming does not automatically renew itself.  It's 10 days , 240 hours , start counting from the time the add-on successfully purchased.  

Should you need to renew AFTER the 10 days , you can do so yourself by buying new add-ons.  (there might be a wait time of 24 hours after the 10 days 240 hours.  If you are unable to re-purchase, you have to open a ticket with PM to have them help)

If you used up the data and need to renew BEFORE the 10 days, you will have to open a ticket with PM to assist  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Peewee1947 wrote:

Your 10 Day US Roaming package features last for 240 hours. You'll need to wait until 24 hours has past that time,  to re-up.

If you no long need the add-on after 240 hours, it just goes away.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Peewee1947 wrote:

@Peewee1947 

Your roaming package will expire 240 hours after you made the purchase.

You'll have to wait 24hrs to purchase the same package again or ask CS to do it for you if you need it immediately. The package does not renew automatically.

Need Help? Let's chat.