cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming

jeffneilmartin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I get a Canada-US calling plan will I still get roaming charges in the US or is that all included in the plan?

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jeffneilmartin wrote:

If I get a Canada-US calling plan will I still get roaming charges in the US or is that all included in the plan?

@jeffneilmartinA Canada-US calling plan only applies when you are in Canada and allows you to call anywhere in Canada and the US for free (included as part of your 30 or 90 day plan).

If you want to call International from Canada then you need to purchase a International LD add-on.

While in the US if you want to be able to make/receive calls from anywhere in the US and Canada then you will need purchase a US Roaming add-on. (valid for 10 days)

For more info please reference this article.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@jeffneilmartin wrote:

If you have the a calling plan that includes calls to Canada and the U.S., the service just won't work in the U.S. (except for incoming text messages).  If we take the example of the $50 plan that includes Canada and U.S. calling, it does not include roaming.

You'll have to purcahse one of the U.S. roaming add-ons that were mentioned to use the service in the U.S.

Good point @computergeek541 . If customer is travelling to USA then he'll need a US Roaming Add-on for use while in US.

If customer just wants to be able to call US while in Canada that's a whole 'nuther thing. There are a couple of International Add-ons that will work....but only while in Canada.

Depends on what OP is really after.

@jeffneilmartin wrote:

If you have the a calling plan that includes calls to Canada and the U.S., the service just won't work in the U.S. (except for incoming text messages).  If we take the example of the $50 plan that includes Canada and U.S. calling, it does not include roaming.

You'll have to purcahse one of the U.S. roaming add-ons that were mentioned to use the service in the U.S.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jeffneilmartin, the terminology is US roaming add-on.  These add-ons work only while in the US and when connected to the partner network.  The add-ons can include any and all of talk, text and data.  Like all prepaid services, the roaming add-ons are purchased in advance.  There are no additional roaming charges above and beyond the cost of the add-ons.  The usage limits are as specified in the add-on. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jeffneilmartin wrote:

All included in the US Roaming Add-on that you buy...no other roaming costs. Your 10 days start from the minute you buy it so purchase strategically.

Need Help? Let's chat.