Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

I signed up for US Roaming and also unlimited talk for 10 days

The phone is working for outgoing and incoming calls. But the data is not

I retarded the phone. I turned on Roaming.  I selected T Mobile still nothing

Would I get a refund for this ?

7 REPLIES 7

@Fenellabranker 

tried select network  AT&T and rebooting device.

Fenellabranker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey it shows as an add on and says lte sometimes by my wifi bar but says no network connection 😞

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you bought proper package including voice, sms, data and Only data is not working, I would not hesitate to ask for partial refund. Contact agent, present proof you never used data in US and politely ask for (partial) refund.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Fenellabranker 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Which 10 day add ons did you purchase? Separate talk and data add ons? Or the combination talk, text and 250 mb data add on?

Do you see the data roaming add on/tracker  in your plan details?

Interestingly, with Public mobile and the phasing out of 3G networks in the USA, customers will have more issues with talk than data problems. 

Maybe try network reset of phone.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Fenellabranker   Usually, it is voice that is harder to get , and once you got voice working data should work without issue

Are you still in US?  I suspected that you didn't enable your Mobile Roaming data on your device.  Check that first

Also, can you confirm which US roaming add-on you got? Check it on My Account and see if it shows that you have the roaming data 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Fenellabranker , I assume you meant roaming data.  It seems like you checked all the boxes in terms of what needs to be done to consume roaming data.  In any event, you will most likely be able to seek some sort of goodwill for being unable to use the data add-on purchase.  When you are back in Canada, initiate a support ticket using the chatbot link.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Did you "buy" the option including data ?

You can ask for refund but don't be disappointed if request is denied.

added link...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.