cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming plan not working without expiring

christie_y
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I purchased the US Text Call 250 mb roaming plan on December 24th. On December 26th I used most of my data so I purchased the 1gb data roaming add on hoping to increase my data usage.  I read the Public Community and saw that it is most likely the provisioning issue.  Would you be able to help me restore my text and call roaming and still keep my data 1 GB roaming plan?  Also if I run out of data again, what is the best way to increase my data usage without causing service disruption?  Your help will be much appreciated. Thank you. 

6 REPLIES 6

christie_y

Hello, Thank you all for your responses and suggestions!  Currently, my calling stopped working so I opened the ticket. Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @christie_y   , 

it is not a "provisioning" issue, I think someone used the terms wrong before.

The 1GB Data roaming you got does not have Talk, right?  If it does not, both US roaming should work together.   Right now, is it just Data working and you don't have talk/text?  Try to connect to both T-Mobile and AT&T and see if you get the same result.  If not, check with PM Support is the way to go

Also, as @Triguy and @HALIMACS  said, you used quiet some data in such short time, it is cheaper to get local US prepaid data instead 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you need more data and plan on staying longer in the US then you might consider using mintmoble.com who offer monthly plans.

@christie_y 

If you're going to be consuming that amount of data while in the US, (and going to be there for any length of time) consider going to a local mobile store and purchasing a prepaid 30-day SIM card from one of the local mobile providers.

It may come with several gigabytes of service and cost you only $15 to $20.

christie_y

Thank you t_p!

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@christie_y wrote:

Hello,

I purchased the US Text Call 250 mb roaming plan on December 24th. On December 26th I used most of my data so I purchased the 1gb data roaming add on hoping to increase my data usage.  I read the Public Community and saw that it is most likely the provisioning issue.  Would you be able to help me restore my text and call roaming and still keep my data 1 GB roaming plan?  Also if I run out of data again, what is the best way to increase my data usage without causing service disruption?  Your help will be much appreciated. Thank you. 

@christie_y 

Your texts/calls shouldn't stop after 2 days.

Contact Customer support for assistance:

Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

After sending the message, watch your community inbox for their reply.

Note: When you run out of data, you can add more data by calling 611 on your cell if you have your 4-digit PIN. For a smooth transaction , load money into your Available funds first.

Added to clarify: If you want to buy an add-on identical to the one that just expired, you'll need to wait 24 hrs if you want to do it yourself, or you can ask Customer support to do it for you if you need it right away.

Need Help? Let's chat.