cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming & Data

waassupdude
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am in Arizona. Every time I try to buy US Roaming & Data the system fails to complete the transaction. This is the third time in as many months. I need to put in a ticket. There is money in my account and there is a credit card number that Public Mobile uses to bill me monthly and there is a $30,00 purchase for 15 days of US Roaming and Data sitting in my cart but the system seems to be unable to add the tax and process the payment. I need help.

16 REPLIES 16

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@thumbsdown 

In the morning purchase the roaming  bundle you need. You may even want to try thru 611 or calling 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone # and then enter your 4 digit account pin #.(If you don't know it reset it on your self serve account's profile page.) You will still get incoming SMS on your phone for the 2FA code. Then you can purchase the roaming bundle over the phone's 611/IVR system. Or do it from self serve.

You should be on free wifi now? Download textnow for your immediate calling and texting needs and by morning your 24 hour waiting period should be over. Frustrating at the moment but it will be easier tomorrow.

Extra info on US Roaming can be found here....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

Read the update post as well.

thumbsdown

Ok Thank you. Respectfully, I am so done with this. Have a good evening.

@thumbsdown- Maybe you got caught in the re-buy problem. What exact day did you buy the roaming add-on that you ended up not using? If after about Jan 4 then it expires 360 hours after that. If you tried to buy the new add-on after that with available balance then did you try at least 24 hours after the old one will have expired? Re-buys are a long standing stupid glitch around here.

You said you needed roaming right now. I was referring to that...not the money.

thumbsdown

Nope.

Had to spend a couple of hours working thru different steps to get them to purchase it internally. They didn't initially credit me anything. 'They' (meaning the automated system) took my money, did not actually give me the roaming I purchased , then kept the money (calling it credit) and when I tried to repurchase with those funds, it would only let me put it toward next months served not starting til mid march, and it asked for more money to do that.

Then I had to go thru over two hours of relating thru this community 'feedback" process, to get to customer service. Then I got gaslit (by, hopefully bots, as it would be sad to see that actual human members would be like that). 

I didn't need the 30$ RIGHT NOW, I needed the roaming as I couldn't use my phone. But thank you for your attempt at compassion for my difficulties.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@thumbsdown- What do you mean "they topped up my account"? Who's they? If you bought it and didn't use it then  that's not the fault of Public. It says 15 days. It says it starts upon purchase. If support credited you back then wasn't that nice of them.

Looks like now you can use that $30 that you need RIGHT NOW.

thumbsdown

I don't want the money to go toward next month. I bought roaming for being in the US which I need RIGHT NOW and got a receipt and everything. They did not give roaming. They gave me a top up. Just because that is normal for PM does not make it right. Are you a person who hears my frustration or a bot meant to gaslight customers and encourage them to "stay another month"? If so, they may get another month because they have held my money for ransom, but they will lose a long term customer. So their "normal" practice is NOT good business savvy.

HI @thumbsdown , it is normal for PM support to put the credit to your account (many phone providers do that as well)

Maybe just stay for another months to use us the money

thumbsdown

Ditto! Grrrr! They topped up my account with the 30$ but will only apply the funds to my next month with them. I plan on cancelling this service which has impossible customer service. Already I just had to let go of having had to pay for roaming in Jan and then not being able to go on trip. roaming stayed on bill as I had not crossed the border but disappeared before getting to use it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@waassupdude 

Do you remember the approximate time you bought the original US Roaming add on? You are likely still in the 24 hour waiting period before the same add on can be purchased again. If you are close to that 24 hours is up you can wait it out otherwise your only choice is to contact customer support since your other options don't offer the same value or same features.

Going forward if you want almost seamless transition between 15 day bundles preload the $30 US Roaming bundle price and submit a ticket or send a private message indicating the approximate time the bundle expires and ask for customer support to add it for you shortly after it expires. This can be accomplished easier if you purchase the first bundle during customer support business hours (6am eastern to 10pm eastern). If you send a private message be sure to include all of the info to pre-verify your account so that the add on bundle can be added to your account without the need for the CSA to contact you beforehand. That info can be found in the spoiler in the following linked post....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

For extra info on US Roaming add ons...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

Also read the update post in that thread for the link to the cell mapper network coverage map that can give you detailed 2G cell tower info for voice calls.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@waassupdude 

If you are planning on being there several more weeks, don't bother with Public Mobile's roaming add-ons. (of course, I'd only recommend this if PM might refund the recent attempts at purchasing, or at least place the amounts which may be in credit on your Available Funds...)

Consider purchasing a pre-paid SIM card there (T-Mobile or AT&T) and get a 30-day plan with likely much more reliable calling and data allotments than is offered by PM's options.

Simple activation process, then put in their SIM card, and select the SIM card provider.

younes1

je vais te renseigner 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@waassupdude buying back to back of the same type of roaming addon before the full 360 hours (15 days) + 12-24 hours after (this is the silly part) is what needs to be done.

If you are in this boat, you need CSA to help you sort that out. Submit a ticket with CSA by method provided by @Handy1 .

Or, try buying a different type/bucket of Roaming addon to get your service up and running, then connect with CSA after to adjust anything on your account if needed.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you try this on a non-mobile browser if you're doing this on a phone? Also, use private mode to log in.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@waassupdude you might need to use Incognito mode to complete the transaction due to browser cache issue.

Login My Account using  Incognito mode , go to payment history and confirm PM has not charged you yet.  Once confirmed, try to buy again and see if it works

if not, you can also try to use *611 to make the roaming purchase, but you need your 4 digits pin to complete transaction that way 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@waassupdude 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Meow
Mayor / Maire

According to Public Mobile:

PM will have T-mobile 2G network for US talk. Try to manually connect to T-mobile.

Roaming is for Data only. Voice and SMS text will still work.

Data will work on LTE, but will switch over to 2G to make a call.

However, the quality of service will vary depending on the different coverage areas when roaming in the USA.

If you managed to purchase US add-on and you can see it on your account, try to reboot your phone (turn off, wait a while, turn on).

If nothing works, ask for refund when you are back.

Need Help? Let's chat.