cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming after included high-speed data bucket is exhausted?

Joe_G
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In the fine print for data add-ons, including US Roaming data add-ons, it says:

"Data speeds reduced to a maximum of 512Kbps after your included high-speed data bucket is exhausted."

Does this mean if I purchase the US Roaming - 250 MB Data (15-day) add-on for $10 I will get unlimited data at the lower speed once I go over the 250 MB?

Also, would the lower speed be sufficient for Google Maps navigating?

4 REPLIES 4

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

That fine print has nothing to do with US roaming add-on's; it's in regards to Canadian data plans that are unlimited. No unlimited data in the US. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Joe_G   The 250MB US roaming data add-on will not give you calls and texting and that small an amount of data will not go far.  As suggested, download the areas you want to visit for offline use in Google Maps before you leave (or while on hotel wifi etc. while travelling).  You can still navigate with the offline maps, it just loses a few features (like traffic conditions I believe).  I think you would need more than 250MB of data to use Google Maps "live".

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Joe_G  No sorry . With US roaming once the data  bucket is used up the data will stop working . But calls and texting are unlimited 

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Joe_G - Unfortunately (As Far as I know) there is no unlimited data for roaming in the States, not even the Canada-US plans have unlimited data, but you could use offline Google Maps, but when in the States (Even if you have a roaming package on) you'll have cell service, but you can only receive texts.

Need Help? Let's chat.