cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Package

zakhan7888
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HI,  I purchased US Roaming package, I was charged for it but it roaming did not worked in USA.

How I can get my refund?

thanks

10 REPLIES 10

HI @zakhan7888 

if you are back in Canada now, and you didn't really use the roaming service, there is a high chance PM agent will help out, please submit ticket with CS agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

zakhan7888

Samsung A12

but now I am back in Canada

@zakhan7888 

What is the make and model of your phone so we can help you with the phone settings to manually connect to T-Mobile or AT&T for it to work.

@zakhan7888 

you need to make sure you connect first

Change Network mode to 4G, and check network connection again, what networks does it see?. Try manual connect to T-Mobile or AT&T.  If neither show, drive around to another area and try again

You will need to make sure it connects to T-Mobile or AT&T before testing on voice and data

BTW, which city and state you are at?

@zakhan7888 How were calls and texts working if you had no network connection? And to clarify, data *roaming* needs to be turned on in your phone. Probably what you meant, but just to be clear. It's also possible you were connected to AT&T 5G which is hit and miss. It's best to force your phone in 4G when roaming, and if AT&T is causing problems manually connect to T-Mobile.

zakhan7888

I did rebot , it was not showing any network, I was able to recive calls and texts but data was not working, I did data ON but no data worked.

zakhan7888

I did rebot , it was not showing any network, I was able to receive calls and texts but data was not working, I did data ON but no data worked.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@zakhan7888   So you're back in Canada now?  If so and you want to try for a refund send a private message to a customer service agent by clicking here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

You'll either get a response at the envelope top right or if you don't see an envelope then click on your avatar for a drop down selection where you'll see "messages" when you are logged in to the community.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @zakhan7888 

are you still in US? can you connect to T-Mobile or AT&T ?

Start with a reboot, then try Reset All Networks

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@zakhan7888 

Critical part to US roaming depends on T-Mobile/AT&T coverage and whether you can connect successfully onto either network.

If the phone is not connecting to T-Mobile/AT&T, change the Network Connection from Automatic to Manual and select and test both T-Mobile and AT&T and see which one you can connect.

If your issue is with data, make sure your Roaming Mobile data is enabled and you have disabled your mobile data limiter.  Also change your network mode to 4G (and don't try 5G until you can connect and works on 4G)

If your issue is with voice, make sure VoLTE is enabled on the device setting.  And if it does not work, try to change the Network to T-Mobile ONLY, and change  Preferred Network Type or Network Mode to 2G and see if the calls go through.
Also, you can download VoIP app TextNow as a workaround to make calls and text if you have Wifi or if your roaming has data component and data  is working

Need Help? Let's chat.