cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming - Effective Date

iamoasis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good morning,

I currently have a $40 plan that auto re-news on the 12th of each month. I will be travelling to the USA on March 19th. If I purchase a roaming add-on, will it take effect on March 12th (at the time of my renewal) or will it take effect on or shortly after the date it was purchased?

Thank you,

Steve

4 REPLIES 4

iamoasis

Thank you! Excellent guide!

When you buy it is when the 10 day clock starts. Buy it as you're leaving to USA.  Or buy it in USA over wifi connection through your self serve Account.

Two steps to buy a add-on. Guide below.

Guide Click Me. 

iamoasis

Thank you for the quick reply.

So if I'm travelling March 19th, buy it on the 19th and it should be good by the time I arrive, or should I buy it the 18th? I don't know if things are immediate or if they need to "process overnight" like banks and all that kind of stuff require.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@iamoasis the effective date is when the add on is purchased. It has nothing to do with your 30 day cycle. For example it's on the 24 hour clock. If purchased at 11.00 am est on March 19. It expires at 11.00 am on March 29.

@iamoasis wrote:

Good morning,

I currently have a $40 plan that auto re-news on the 12th of each month. I will be travelling to the USA on March 19th. If I purchase a roaming add-on, will it take effect on March 12th (at the time of my renewal) or will it take effect on or shortly after the date it was purchased?

Thank you,

Steve

Need Help? Let's chat.