cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Add-ons not working

Sayedbd11784
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I purchased US Roaming add-ons talk and text on 01 Jan 2024 but that is not working. I am traveling US for a family emergency as my father passed away. Currently, I am extremely disappointed with the service Public Mobile provides and considering ending my subscription to Public Mobile and will ask people within my community to do the same, i.e. considering ending my subscription with Public Mobile. If a solution is not provided immediately, I am going to do that. 

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

Delilah1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am going to wait until tomorrow to see if my new add-on takes effect. May have to  wait until existing add on expired which would be at the end of today. 

It's still not working? These instructions are for texts and calls. We're you able to change your phone settings instructed?

Delilah1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I do not want any data, just text and calling.

@Sayedbd11784 

Just to follow-up that all messages and help that you are being given are from customers of Public Mobile.  If you want to send an official complaint to them, see like below. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Sayedbd11784 

As others have indicated to manually connect to the AT&T or T-Mobile network on your phone.

But as a backup, you can use WhatsApp or TextNow app on any public wifi for free calling and texting.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Sayedbd11784 

make sure Roaming Data is enabled. You might have to manually select either T-Mobile or AT&T for talk. Data and text should be working anyhow.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I'm sorry about your loss. 

Please try the following. 

If possible, put your phone to 4G/LTE and connect to T-Mobile or AT&T.   

If calls still don't work, put your phone to 2G and connect to T-Mobile. From the settings menu, turn on data roaming.

I hope this will be helpful. 

Need Help? Let's chat.