cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Add On

Gerry_P
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is the 15 day package for US roaming going to be the standard going forward? 

Also, will my phone have to be VoLTE enabled for for talk, text, and data or is is VoLTE required only for talk? 

If anyone has a POCO X4 Pro 5G, do you know if it's capable of running VoLTE?  I don't see the option under Mobile settings. 

4 REPLIES 4

self solution removed

Gerry_P
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I found out how to turn on VoLTE. If anyone else has a POCO X4 PRO great instructions were provided here.

VoLTE instructions  

@Dunkman wrote:

@Gerry_P 

US roaming use to be only 10 days.  Now it is 15 days.  Don't know if Public mobile will change going forward.

VoLTE will give you better talk quality.  If not, you will still be able to use T mobile 2G network for talk (unreliable and spotty coverage in US). Data and text will not be affected by VoLTE.

It looks like POCO X4 Prog 5G is VoLTE enabled (from quick google search), but it is not on the list of phones that Public mobile listed. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/volte

However, several customers have been able to use PM VoLte on their phones that are not on this list. 

Telus has always been very picky at allowing devices that weren't purchased through Telus to be used for VoLTE. While a device may be VoLTE capable, I wouldn't count on it being usable on Public Mobile VoLTE unless the device was purchased through Telus/Kooodo/Public.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Gerry_P 

US roaming use to be only 10 days.  Now it is 15 days.  Don't know if Public mobile will change going forward.

VoLTE will give you better talk quality.  If not, you will still be able to use T mobile 2G network for talk (unreliable and spotty coverage in US). Data and text will not be affected by VoLTE.

It looks like POCO X4 Prog 5G is VoLTE enabled (from quick google search), but it is not on the list of phones that Public mobile listed. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/volte

However, several customers have been able to use PM VoLte on their phones that are not on this list. 

Need Help? Let's chat.