cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US ROAMING NOT WORKING - US Roaming-Unlimited Talk(15 day)

Eric_Sch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On November 11, 2023 I purchased US Roaming-Unlimited Talk(15 day) for both my phone and my wife's. We crossed into Washington State by car on November 10, 2023 and returned on November 14, 2023. I prepaid for both my Public Mobile account and my wife's. Both of our phone are the same brand Android, and network and roaming settings are identical. My wife had full coverage, used Public Mobile data for Google Maps to navigate in the USA for the entire trip that included Everett, Mount Vernon and Wenatchee.

My phone had virtually no coverage while in US. Several hours after crossing the border I had coverage for a few hours then nothing.  A couple days later it turned on momentary, then nothing. Crossing back into BC Canada, my regular Public Mobile/Telus service came back right away.  For the trip, my 6-month old Android phone signal strength was greyed, showing no bars and had a X for no connection.

I was forced purchased a US based Tracfone along with a month of data, talk and text so I had something working while in the USA.

I found today to put in a service ticket was impossible, just went in circles with a chat-bot asking questions, and not giving me a link to leave this message. I need Customer Service to contact me!!!

8 REPLIES 8

@ProbityMe2 What specifically did you try? If it worked and then stopped, you likely connected to AT&T 5G at some point, which doesn't work. Best way to avoid this is to set your Preferred Network to 4G while roaming (on your actual phone).

Chatbot doesn't work. To contact staff you need to send a direct message to @CS_Agent.

ProbityMe2

That is exactly my problem for the last 48 hours.

My iPhone worked for a few hours with my $30 add on upon arrival. Then it stopped working 

I’ve spent a couple of hours searching for solutions on line and using the Public Mobile chat.

The solutions offered are not working and the chat just goes in circles…. This is exactly where a customer service team is needed.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

"Both of our phone are the same brand Android"  - same brand different models, or identical models?

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

My guess is that you were connected to AT&T 5G (which doesn't work) and your wife was probably connected to either AT&T 4G or T-Mobile 5G or 4G (which all work).

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Eric_Sch 

Sometimes you have to manually connect to T-Mobile or AT&T network on your phone to work in the US.

No problem, just reach out to a CS_Agent by private messaging by clicking on your avatar then Messages then the pen/paper icon or at this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Just asked for a credit back for the Add-on plus some compensation for your troubles. 😉 Remember be nice when asking.

I personal use the TextNow SIM for free calling/texting without the need of wifi when I head down to Bellingham, Seattle or Seattle Premium Outlet (for the Black Friday sales).

@Eric_Sch 

use that link I provided to message a CSA to request credit to your account for the failed add-on usage.

Watch the little envelop icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond.

Eric_Sch

From my posting..

"Both of our phone are the same brand Android, and network and roaming settings are identical. My wife had full coverage, used Public Mobile data for Google Maps to navigate in the USA for the entire trip "

***I need a refund/credit for money paid for the service I never had available.***

I was forced to buy and subscribe to a US Cell carrier to have any service.

Checking my settings now is redundant since our trip in the US is now over, YET I DID CHECK my setting against my wife's phone.

I NEED A REFUND/CREDIT FOR SERVICES THAT FAILED IN THE USA.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Eric_Sch 

make certain to enable Data Roaming in settings

added..use this link to message a Customer Support agent..

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.