cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Plan unlimited use ?

scoToso
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I be in the US for the who month? Is this plan good for snowbirds? I know Freedoms plan u have 14 days a month max. I live on the border and have a place in the US and I’m back and forth all the time. I’ve heard people getting their plans cancelled with Freedom 

6 REPLIES 6

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@scoToso 

I use the TextNow SIM while I am in the USA for free calling and texting without the need of wifi. If you need data, it is reasonable rate.

IMG_0104.jpeg

IMG_0167.png

The Canada/USA plan will suit you with less hassle switching SIMs but data is not unlimited. Once you use it up, no data is available until you purchase Add-on data.

scoToso
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have found everyone else’s fair usage policy except Public Mobile. No public documents for review which means there is no legality what is expected 

@scoToso wrote:

Can I be in the US for the who month? Is this plan good for snowbirds? I know Freedoms plan u have 14 days a month max. I live on the border and have a place in the US and I’m back and forth all the time. I’ve heard people getting their plans cancelled with Freedom 

Data isn't unlimited on Canada-US plans.  While I have not seen any clauses about the amount of time the these plans can be used in the US or if a certain percentage of usage must be while in Canada, I would say that Pubilc Mobile customers should not expect to be abel to use these plans n the US for extended periods of time.  Other carriers/brands do have clauses that say that they reserve teh right impose restrictions or to even cut the service off.  All carriers, including Public Mobile, do have clauses in the terms and conditions that mention reasonable/fair usage of services, something that Public Mobile is the sole judge of.

Neil11
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can roam unlimited . It can be used in either country to call either country talk text and data . So long as you keep the plan . 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Hi,

This is the cheapest Canada-US plan available currently.  You can use it for as long as you want. There is no minimum or maximum timeframe. It is unlimited calling between both countries,  but 60 GB per 30 days.

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/on/activation/plans/60GB-5Gspeed14

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@scoToso  There no mention of for how long you can or can’t be in the U.S. . It’s a true snow bird plan . You can be there as long as you like far as I’m concerned . And I’m just a customer like you but I can assure you one month won’t be an issues even 2 months straight be fine . Really don’t think it’s anything you need to worry about with PM 

Need Help? Let's chat.