cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US LONG DISTANCE CALL

Lekans8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I started using your communication network or Public Mobile in September,2022, based on the recommendation  of my brother, and he told me that after three months which was December last year, i will be able to call America freely where most of my family members and friends are based. However, this has not been the case as i even sen a text the last time i got text on my payment, but no response. In my previous provider, i was able to call America freely and not under you now. This is my current issue and i need a positive response on this ASAP based on what referrer told me.  

39 REPLIES 39

@Lekans8 wrote:

However, you guys need a line to call rather than using the forum as it takes time. Do you people have any?

Once again, this isn't a solution. For the sake of fairness in the Community, please award solutions to those who have helped to fix an issue. 

@Lekans8  Some people definitely like to be able to call live support , and some like the online version so each to there own on that … also if your going to mark a solution it should be to the post and person that helped you best . 

Lekans8

One can call other provider without stress.

@Lekans8  No , no one to talk to everything is done online . It’s why we get to enjoy low cost plans 

@Lekans8 wrote:

Does the free 500 mins over Christmas period alone or further?

self solution removed again

Lekans8

However, you guys need a line to call rather than using the forum as it takes time. Do you people have any?

@Lekans8  Your welcome , have a great day !

Lekans8

Thanks Handy 1. just what i need to call America. with no qualm.

@Lekans8  yes The  Christmas give away more is merrier is 500 international minutes.and covers 

international calling covers the

following countries:

Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Lekans8

I mean to the US.

Lekans8

Does the free 500 mins over Christmas period alone or further?

@Lekans8  Then check your add ons see if it’s there like I showed you in the pic , if it’s not then you will need to buy the add on for US calling in the plan / add on tab section of serve serve /my account … but first just try calling  the USA if it goes through you have it and it will not charge / cost you any money …if it doesn’t go through no worries you still won’t be charged for it … you cannot be charged for calling or trying to call USA in either case 

I do not remember

@Lekans8 you can check your text history.

or as I said above, best way is to make a US call and see if it goes through, if it does, then yes, you either have that Christmas bonus add-on or you somehow got a US calling add-on 

Lekans8

I do not remember.

@Lekans8 wrote:

Do check check that for me.

I have noticed that you have marked your own post as the solution multiple times.  Please refrain from doing this.

@Lekans8  Only you can check this in your self serve , we are just customers like you trying to help 

edit you can also check you text message history for a text from public mobile short code 4911 that you would have had to reply YES2 to accept it 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Lekans8  do you remember replying YES2 a text from public mobile in the month of dec 2022 offering this free 2GB and 500 international minutes 

@Lekans8   login to My Account using Incognito mode, check the add-on list, do you see the following two add-ons?

2GB 2GB one-time data bonus
500 mins 500 one-time Int'l LD bonus

And, PM is prepaid provider, so, the best check is to go ahead and make the calls.  if you have some add-ons covering that, the calls would go through.  If not, no worry, it won't charge you extra.  PM is prepaid, you have to have the add-on there to make the calls

@Lekans8 

follow initial advise provided by Handy1. If you see no mention of More Is Merrier 500 minutes Int'l Calling...that means you don't have it. You'd need to buy the add-on.

@Lekans8  Check your add on in self serve 

Check add-ons /mins /Data

Handy1_0-1674966628725.png

For most up to date account info     In RED CLICkHERE 

Lekans8

Do check check that for me.

Lekans8

How do i confirm the more is merrier free 500 mins over Christmas was accepted so that we can move on?  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Lekans8 

you should consider awarding the coveted SOLUTION to whomever you reckon has provided best response to your question. Use the SOLUTION button in the dialogue box of whichever one you select....just not your own !  lol

@Lekans8   Bravo = Like in Facebook  🙂

@Lekans8 wrote:

What do you mean by bravo? Give me affirmative answer. 

@Lekans8 - bravo is just a high-five or something that helps in a post for clarity or something that someone posted that someone else just liked.

@Lekans8 

clicking the Bravo is recognition of good advise.

You can also click Solution if you find info from Handy1 was able to successfully address your concern.

@Lekans8  yes you can  call USA no worries , you will not get charged for calling so I gave you bravo for you saying you will try based on information we gave you today !

Lekans8

What do you mean by bravo? Give me affirmative answer. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Lekans8  And remember to put a 1 in front of the 10 digit contact your are calling 

@Lekans8 

Public Mobile is a pre-paid cell provider. You pay ahead of time for your service. This means you'll never be billed any overages...ever. If you want any of the available options, you pay beforehand. Soon as it hits the limit, it just stops until you re-buy. No overage charges ! Ever !

Need Help? Let's chat.