cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Int'l long distance

maple77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have 94 mins left on a 400 min Int'l Long Distance, incl. CA & US. I also have 327 mins left on 500 min onetime Int'l LD bonus. Why then did I receive a text that I have no more Mins  left on my long distance Add-on and am not able to make LD calls to the US?

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

@Snodgett 

clipped from the T&C's....

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in US calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726.

630 number not on that list. If you want to share that number with me...I'll call from here to see if mine is similar. Message me with number for privacy if you like.

Snodgett

@hairbag1 

thanks, my minutes are up to date so that's not it. But yes, dialing another number revealed it's something with the first number. I kinda remember some area codes don't work? Any idea if  630 is restricted for some reason? It's strange, I've called this number before. And it's a important number that I need to use!

Starting rant, ignore as needed:

Sorry but your third option is a non starter for me. It's ridiculous that I have paid for a service that isn't working and the suggestion is to not use it! Yes, i realise PM is a discount service but if they offer and accept payment for something it should work. It's not like phone calls across the us/can border are cutting edge tech that might have problems. It's the inability of PM to have painless solutions for everyday common needs that will be it's down fall. US providers have no problem giving users good service including free international calls and roaming, I wish I still had my T-mobile account!

End rant...

Cheers!

@Snodgett 

log in to your account and select Subscription & Add-ons / look to the right to see Add-on Usage...look at the botom of that section and click the little spinner arrow. See if that changes the amount of LD minutes you have available to you. Alternative...try dialing a different number in US. Alternative...download free voip app such as TextNow. You can call most any US or Cdn number for free using your wifi.

Snodgett

hi, @hairbag1 , I'm having a similar problem, showing over 800 min of US LD add on but unable to make calls to US. Your answer to OP doesn't show any solution when I read it; can you please re-share your suggestion?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dabr - that is why I use Data Witness to tell me limits I reach and when I am out. I only enter I have 250MB in this app, so it becomes a helpful warning. As, I don't want to unexpectingly burn up too much free addons.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv    Interesting...I couldn't remember if a SMS warning that the plan data was close to being depleted was ever received as it's been quite a while since I've managed to use up the available 250MB as I've been using mostly WIFI lately.   I vaguely remember discussion around this in earlier threads but don't recall the details but I thought it involved add-on data as well and some confusion about how PM sent out the warning texts. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@dust2dust wrote:

@popping- Are you sure those are your observations about data? I would be quite sure that data warnings are on all available data.

Yep, I always thought data warning texts from PM included add-on data too, or they used to and perhaps that's now changed and maybe @popping can confirm if PM made a change?

@dabr - i DO NOT receive any data warning texts when at 75% and 95% or when none left from my 250MB plan. And that would be likely because my data freebies on my account is not even making it close to those %'s.

EDIT, adding @dust2dust 

Maybe I'll run out the 250mb near renewal time and prove it out. Or anyone else can.

@dust2dust wrote:

@popping- Are you sure those are your observations about data? I would be quite sure that data warnings are on all available data.

Yep, I always thought data warning texts from PM included add-on data too, or they used to and perhaps that's now changed and maybe @popping can confirm if PM made a change?

maple77

Thank you hairbag1, that did the trick. It removed the US Ld and just showed with available data.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@maple77,

The warning message is based on the plan minutes only.  PM server does not take the add-on minutes in the calculation.  Similarly, the data warning message is based on the plan data remaining.  PM server does not include the amount data in the data add-ons.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@maple77 

please confirm...you've been unable to successfully complete a call to US ..correct ?plan.jpg

Try this...

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you on the $15 plan. You will always get the 10 minutes left text regardless of having those other minutes.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@maple77 

It could be an errant message. Log into self service and click the spinner icon to refresh the page. It will tell you the correct add on use. As well clear cache and go incognito into self service.

Need Help? Let's chat.