cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Data Roaming

Shawn75
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello guys and gals, I have a question regarding US data roaming. Currently I am on 50 GB within Canada and US data subscription. I am going to US next week , in order to use data there, do I  just turn on Data Roaming under Cellular Data Options and I am good to go?  Thank you for your help!

Shawn

9 REPLIES 9

Shawn75

Great to hear your positive experience in the States. Thank you ~!

Will_Neo12

Hi @Shawn75 

I have the same plan as you mentioned above. I just got back from the Texas, USA, and I had no problem using the 5G network (AT&T). It worked just like home! Enjoy your roaming in the USA!

@Shawn75   If you need to for any reason, you can download areas of Google Maps to use offline when there's no data/wifi connection.  Just a back-up option, iPhone 14 should be fine.

Shawn75

Thank you for the detailed explanations. Much appreciated!. 

@Shawn75 

iPhone 14 should be perfect for use in Canada and US. Make sure to enable Roaming Data in settings (turn it on and leave it on). When you get to US, open settings / Cellular / Cell Data Options (Roaming ON)/ Voice & Data/then manually set to LTE...not 5G.

Shawn75

thank you . I think I will be only using data for google maps and stuff. Don't think I will make any calls in the States.

HI @Shawn75 iphone 14 will be able to use VoLTE.  So, no worries on the voice calls

but the 5G is not reliable when roaming, so, change to 4G (or LTE) when you are there

Shawn75

Thank you very much for your help! I will try those tricks should I have difficulties connecting data. Btw, my phone is iphone 14 and currently using 5G.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Shawn75 

basically yes.

but check if you can connect to T-Mobile or AT&T.  If the data does not work well, please use manual connection to try both network

and better not to use 5G.  So, choose the network mode to 4G 

depends the model of the phone, you might not be able to use VoLTE for voice. if it is the case, try connect to T-Mobile and use 2G and make calls

Need Help? Let's chat.