cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Data Roaming is not working, again!

linkr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have had hot and miss success with US Roaming. I have just arraived and will be here for one week. The phone works, and text works, but not data. Most application either simply won't work, or say "no internet". I have tried everything:

• Hard booted phone
  • Tried 3 G only
  • Ensured data roaming is switched on
  • Ensured data is switched on for all relevant applications
  • Tried switching to other networks
  • Etc.

The community tried to help one time, but it wasn't until a ticket was opened and technician looked at it, that it started working. Another time, it never worked. And two other times, it worked perfectly - arghh.  Suggestions?  Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

@linkr   no worry.. glad things work in the end.. that's what important..

and it's good we have this thread .. we learned something from the "kitchen sink", too (no worry.. it's a joke here.. LoL)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@linkr : Well...questions were asked. We could have identified the problem. But yes only the CSA's can make it right in this case.

@linkr wrote:

To everyone that submitted ideas - thank you. Embarrassingly - this time, it was user error. I had errantly purchased a 1 GB add on, and not a US roaming, 1 GB add on. Public mobile support identified the issue and reimbursed the errant purchase. Once the correct version was purchased, it worked fine 🙂

Easy mistake to make. Glad you got things ironed out.

linkr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To everyone that submitted ideas - thank you. Embarrassingly - this time, it was user error. I had errantly purchased a 1 GB add on, and not a US roaming, 1 GB add on. Public mobile support identified the issue and reimbursed the errant purchase. Once the correct version was purchased, it worked fine 🙂

[thanks for updating ...... Luddite]

Now there's a hole where the kitchen sink used to be. Someone's been renovating.

lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmm...and with the kitchen sink how can anything not be repetitive?

Just dump down every possible known suggestion and ___-block everybody else.

Yeah I think this might be a dangerous precedent. I think it has good intentions but...

And we all know and see all the repetition but....

@computergeek541 wrote:
repetitive

@computergeek541   you are able/allowed to move repetitive posts now?  (or you always able to?)

so, those posts who come back 12 hours later talking the same things can now be moved or "deleted"? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@linkr : Did you buy roaming data either stand-alone or in a bundle?

Does US data show in your My Data & Add-ons?

Did you buy more than one same-name roaming data?

Did you restart the phone?

Does your data otherwise work here in Canada?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

You tried both AT&T and T-Mobile, I guess

Still early in the evening, try to open a ticket now and hope they can fix it tonight

I would definitely ask that to tell you what happened since it is a frequent issue

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@linkr wrote:

Hello,

I have had hot and miss success with US Roaming. I have just arraived and will be here for one week. The phone works, and text works, but not data. Most application either simply won't work, or say "no internet". I have tried everything:

• Hard booted phone
  • Tried 3 G only
  • Ensured data roaming is switched on
  • Ensured data is switched on for all relevant applications
  • Tried switching to other networks
  • Etc.

The community tried to help one time, but it wasn't until a ticket was opened and technician looked at it, that it started working. Another time, it never worked. And two other times, it worked perfectly - arghh.  Suggestions?  Thanks!

@linkr 

I supposed you've also verified the APN settings?

If the issue is caused by improper SIM provisioning, then indeed you'll need to ask CS for help:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@linkr 

Yikes, not the greatest of experiences with roaming for sure. 😕

If the self trouble-shooting is not fixing it, you may need to go to Customer Support again with a ticket.

It would be nice if roaming was more straightforward and reliable most of the time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@linkr 

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you found at Available Funds: $$

Try To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@linkr 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, back!

Need Help? Let's chat.