cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Canada roaming charges

tomtommynx13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be visiting the United States for a few months later this year & was planning to change my subscription to the Canada US plan. If I do take this plan, will roaming charges be added while I am down there or does this plan cover me??

3 REPLIES 3

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@tomtommynx13 

in preparation for your extended trip to US, make sure your phone has volte enabled by PM for best talk-ability. If you're not sure...turn off wifi, then dial a local number. If the call stays on LTE, you're fine. If the phone drops to 3G for calling...well...no so fine. In the US, they've shut down their 3G so calling is best using T-Mobile or AT&T with calls using volte.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @tomtommynx13 

I've been to the US with this plan and never any extra fees. Just know that when you go down, you want to go to your network settings and choose T-Mobile as that is the most reliable network down there. 

@tomtommynx13 wrote:

I will be visiting the United States for a few months later this year & was planning to change my subscription to the Canada US plan. If I do take this plan, will roaming charges be added while I am down there or does this plan cover me??

Canada-US plans include US roaming and there will be no charges for that.

Need Help? Let's chat.