cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT : new customer

Ericrs100
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im trying to activate my sim card, everytime im at the end where the payment method is, i enter all of my information and double check it to make sure its okay and i keep getting this error message... (see image below). I have called my credit card companie and everything is okay on their side, they are saying that no attemps is made from public mobile... i have tried severals time and is now been 1month... i have refered two people already because of the pricing and couldnt get my discount because i have no phone number with you guys yet... I HAVE TRIED WITH SEVERALS PHONES, COMPUTERS AND BROWSERS. I EVEN TRIED WITH MY GIRLFRIEND CREDIT CARD AND ITS SAYING THE SAME TYING. I am using a rbc visa debit card.

6FD4A71D-07DB-4BC7-90AC-C1329DF1CAA0.png

8 REPLIES 8

@Ericrs100Just be aware it can take moderators up to 2 days+ to respond to you, since you haven't setup completely your phone will be out of action. Hence my suggestion just get a voucher enough to cover the first month and activate.. Get the phone working and worry about the visa debit later. Oh and don't abandon your activation webpage right now, because then you might not be able to activate the SIM card again, since SIM are one use only, whether the activation process was successful or not.

Ericrs100
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yea... it says they accept the visa debit...il contact a moderator and see

@GinYVR wrote:

@Ericrs100The Public Mobile's payment system is finicky. I seem to get better luck with it during non business hours (ie middle of the night).

However one quick alternate way (instead of waiting 2days + for a moderator response) is you can go out to get a voucher from your corner store like 7-11.. use the voucher to pay initially to setup your account, then once everything is working, then try the autopay system.

I have seen a few suggestions about putting some extra credits in case of an autopay failure. As long as you leave a credit card on file the $2 bonus via autopay still applies. I have a months worth of credit on my account for events like that.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Ericrs100The Public Mobile's payment system is finicky. I seem to get better luck with it during non business hours (ie middle of the night).

However one quick alternate way (instead of waiting 2days + for a moderator response) is you can go out to get a voucher from your corner store like 7-11.. use the voucher to pay initially to setup your account, then once everything is working, then try the autopay system.

I have seen a few suggestions about putting some extra credits in case of an autopay failure. As long as you leave a credit card on file the $2 bonus via autopay still applies. I have a months worth of credit on my account for events like that.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I've seen similar complaints before and if incognito mode doesn't work your best bet is different credit card and if that doesn't work or you don't have another one you can get a voucher in a store. You could even borrow someone's credit card then try to change it later to your own and even enlist help from moderators too

@Ericrs100 

The billing address needs to exactly match your banking information/address.  If apartment number, leave it blank.  No spaces in postal code.  

Clearing cache, incognito mode and different web browsers are other suggestions.  

If all fails, you may need to contact moderator

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you still have problems then contact a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try adding it using private/incognito browsing mode.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Ericrs100 Try Chrome browser incognito mode with a different credit card, or a voucher. After several failed attempts with the same card PM will lock it out for a day.

Be sure the name and address you enter for the credit card exactly match your account. If you live in an apartment/condo enter only the street address.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.