cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: Voicemail

sarahwasif
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I check my voicemail without setting it up? I don’t want to record a greeting or do anything. I just want an automatic voicemail that says leave a message at the beep. And I urgently need to check my voicemail right now but it keeps telling me to recording a greeting. 

10 REPLIES 10

@sarahwasif  Excellent happy to hear , we are happy to help 

sarahwasif

Worked!!! Thank you!!!!

@sarahwasif  Then say nothing and hit pound button as if you were done making a greeting and it will just go to voice mail no greetings 

sarahwasif

When I long press 1 or dial my number it asks for my password and then starts telling me to set up a greeting. It doesn’t say “press bla bla bla to check ur voicemail messages”. I can’t check my messages without setting up a greeting (I guess)

@sarahwasif   You don't have to set up a greeting for your voicemail (I haven't), and you can leave it with the default greeting which just lets the caller know whose number they've reached and give them an option to leave their message.

However, I'm not sure if you do need to open your voicemail settings (long press "1") and then listen to the menu and accept the settings as is or not first to access the voicemail. 

edit:  @sarahwasif   Long press "1" on your phone's keypad to access voicemail.

sarahwasif

Where can I find this? I don’t see it anywhere

hairbag1_0-1674161007936.png

Follow these steps and select System Greeting

sarahwasif

I JUST WANT TO CHECK MY VOICEMAIL FOR GODS SAKE

sarahwasif

my question was how do I check my voicemail without setting up a greeting. I don’t want to do it. It’s not about how many seconds it takes. I don’t want a personal greeting. Please answer my question properly.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sarahwasif 

only takes a moment to set up voicemail greeting message...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

To retrieve your voicemail messages from your mobile device, you can either:

• Hold down the 1 key on your phone keypad, or
  • Dial 1 + your 10-digit phone number, then press send or call
Need Help? Let's chat.