cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT- Unable to access data and cellular service

dreamboats198
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I recently removed my SIM ( PM) and replaced it with another SIM ( also PM). When I put back my old SIM, I do not have any access to make or receive calls nor do I have data. I know my account is still active as I have paid my monthly bill. My access point name - Mobile Internet shows "sb.mb.com" & Tethered Mobile Internet reads" isp.mb.com" This is a version 6 Android on a LG K10 LTE. The service has been working fine the past 2 years right until I removed the SIM temporarily.

Need URGENT help as I will be on the road for the entire day tomorrow and need connectivity.

Thanks

Denver Savio

10 REPLIES 10

@dreamboats198 

Not an issue with Public mobile service since the PM SIM card is still working in another phone.  

If network reset does not work, might need to try a factory reset of phone (back up phone first).    You could also try a different working SIM card in the LG phone.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dreamboats198 : How about trying fully power down phone, remove SIM, restart phone, fully power down phone, insert SIM, restart phone.

LG's are a bit notorious for needing some form of reset when putting another SIM in, but you said you had put in a PM SIM and it worked fine and then put back a PM SIM.

dreamboats198

it was just swapping of sims temporarily - still no luck but am trying to make do with the other device

dreamboats198

yes that is the model and have been using PM on that phone for 2 years now, until I temporarily switched SIMS. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dreamboats198 wrote:

I recently removed my SIM ( PM) and replaced it with another SIM ( also PM). When I put back my old SIM, I do not have any access to make or receive calls nor do I have data. I know my account is still active as I have paid my monthly bill. My access point name - Mobile Internet shows "sb.mb.com" & Tethered Mobile Internet reads" isp.mb.com" This is a version 6 Android on a LG K10 LTE. The service has been working fine the past 2 years right until I removed the SIM temporarily.

Need URGENT help as I will be on the road for the entire day tomorrow and need connectivity.

Thanks

xxxxxx

@dreamboats198 , if I am reading this correctly I think your old SIM should not longer work. If you swapped the old SIM with the New SIM number that automatically makes the old SIM "dead in the water"; so you cannot use SIM # 1 again.

Is that what occurred? Did the new SIM replace the old SIM on your Public Mobile account/phone number?

Or, were they connected to different accounts?

@dreamboats198 

Try rebooting your phone with your original SIM card.

If that does not work, network reset of phone.  

Toggle airplane mode on, then off.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@dreamboats198 

Try reseating your SIM card in the sim slot and rebooting. You can also try resetting your network settings on your phone.

So if your old SIM works on a 2nd phone, its not an account issue but a phone issue.   I would say in this case, you don't really need to open a ticket.

So.. when you old SIM on phone 1, it didn't work but new SIM on phone 1 works??  

did you try forcing your network to 3G?? I think your phone LG K10 LTE only partially compatible on PM..

you mentioned your phone is LG K10 LTE, what exact model is that??

dreamboats198

How would I raise a ticket? I just tried moving the SIM to another mobile device and its working there. Its just not working for my phone. I moved the SIM myself. I've also tried rebooting my cell a few times but no result. It does not pick up PM anymore when I check it on my cell

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Maybe you need to open a ticket and confirm if the SIM number on their record matches what you see on the SIM.  It is possible you mixed up the SIM or there is a slight chance of SIMjacked 

Also, did you login you self-serve for that old SIM and confirm the account is active??

Need Help? Let's chat.