cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT - Number stuck in porting and getting no help

user0226
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unable to make/receive calls or text. When I try to make a call I get "7B1 - your phone is not activated on the network"

1. Received text message from old carrier and replied YES to confirm porting out. (more than 1 business day ago) 2. Restarting phone and re-inserting SIM card did not work. 3. Support team did not respond to service tickets.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

user0226

I wouldn't say it's working without issue since cellular data is not working on either device... Also when I call someone they get "No Caller ID" and when I receive calls the caller display is "Unknown". So definitely something is wrong, just not sure what... Thanks for the help though!

Just wondering what it means to "re-provision my account"? I will PM CS_Agents again so if there's more details that'd be helpful. Thanks!

@user0226 

since it works without issue on another phone, it is more a device issue than system.

you can message PM support again and ask them to reprovision your account, they usually reply within the same day

or if you want, try to refresh your iPhone with the PM sim card in (wipe the phone and resetup).  It is a bit of work but it could help

user0226

Hi softech, could you advise on what my next steps should be? Still not getting any replies for my service ticket that I submitted yesterday. Any help is much appreciated.

user0226

Unfortunately still the same on iPhone X.

@user0226 

it is interesting the newer iPhone X does not work.  But you put the sim card back to iPhone X still the same?

make sure the iPhone X has the latest iOS and also the Carrier Profile.  reboot and test again

user0226

The original phone is iPhone X and the phone that can receive and make calls is iPhone 5s. I was also able to receive a call from my friend (had him dialing my phone number), but the caller is displayed as "unknown" on my end.

"Reset all networks" did not work. For APN settings it seems like only APN ("sp.mb.com") can be changed on iOS? which also did not work.

On iPhone X I get the "3G" symbol, while on the 5s I'm getting nothing. Cellular data does not work on either device.

Any further guidance is much appreciated. Thank you!

@user0226 

what model is that original phone you used? And what model is that 2nd phone you tested?

you can make and receive calls on the 2nd phone? 

For data issue, usually it is APN problem.  Start with the easy fix, click Reset All networks on the phone and test

if it still does not work, update the APN settings as follow (case-sensitive and no extra spaces please):

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms
         or    default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
           (might need to include DUN for hotspot, please note case sensitive)
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
                or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator)value: 4D

user0226

Hi, so I tried the SIM card in another phone and was able to make a call to a friend, he confirmed that my number is displayed as "No Caller ID". I'm also unable to use cellular data on that phone. Do you have any idea what the issue might be? Thank you!

@user0226 

Fido is closed and confirmed that your account has been ported, so calling porting support won't help

Try your sim card in aonther phone if you can.  If you don't have another one, reboot the phone once more

if still not connecting or unable to even make calls, it is a sim card provisioning issue. An easy fix for PM support but you need to engage them by message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

user0226

Hi, it is a physical sim.

I was actually weirdly able to receive a call from Fido's win back department. And I can confirm that my number was ported out of Fido and my account with them was automatically cancelled. Definitely not able to receive any text or make calls.

Thank you!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@user0226 

please do not call the porting team yet.  Your issue is unable to make and receive calls, it is not a porting issue

May I know if you are using physical or esim?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@user0226 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.