cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT! NEED TO RECEIVE TEXTS TO PORT MY NUMBER OUT OF PUBLIC MOBILE

AthenaT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I am attempting to port out of Public Mobile but can't receive SMS texts. I was advised by my original carrier that my phone number is now listed under Telus, and it is possible to manually port me out. Please send me a call-confirm so that I am able to transfer my phone number to my new carrier. Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AthenaT 

You can contact customer support to reprovision your Sim card. That should solve the texting issue. Otherwise you will need to authorize the port in writing and verify you are the account holder. This would be done best by private message.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You can also try reprovisioning your Sim card yourself. Poer off your phone and remove your Sim card and put it in a different phone and power it on. Send a text or make a call. Power off and remove your Sim card and place it back in your phone. Power on. Test your texting.

If you don't have access to another phone but have a dual sim phone use the same method but place it in your other Sim slot. Or just remove your Sim card for at least 15 minutes, reinsert and power it on. These methods may reprovision your Sim card as well. Good luck!

Rastin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The only way to get something like that is to contact PM using the chat bot and open a ticket.  There is no number that I am aware of that you can call. This is a public forum we are all customers here.

When did SMS problem start? Are you a new customer? If so texting has been a problem that can be fixed by putting in a ticket.

Brianna182
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's an ongoing issue it looks like, there are some solutions here : https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Under-Investigation-Ongoing-Issue-Text-Me...

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Yes, they are working case by case on fixing the sms issue. Once you submit your request,  just have to wait for the reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.