cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. roaming data not working

LoriM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, Community! Help, please.

I am in the U.S. Yesterday I purchased the $20 roaming talk-text-data plan. Texting works fine. I haven't tried talk yet. 

Problem: can't access the internet. I enabled Mobile Data and Data Roaming. I have APNs: Mobile Internet, Tethered Mobile Internet.

What am I missing??

(I was able to connect to hotel wifi no problem. But the condo we are in now has no wifi and I feel weirdly disconnected from the world. I know: First world problem.)

Thanks!

Also: My husband has U.S. roaming texting only plan. Can he receive phone calls? (Reluctant to try in case it costs a lot.) Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

@LoriM I was just asking about mms texts to see if your apn settings were fine an mms message would include something like a picture and doesn't use data.

As for checking your husband's voicemail. Since you have the tal/yexy/data roaming add on.  You can call his number from your phone. And when it goes to voicemail, pres the * button and enter his password. You can then listen to his messages and delete them by pressing the number 7. Then hang up when done.

@LoriM wrote:

I have been sending/receiving texts that include things like:😊. If those are mms messages then yes.

I truly doubt I used up the 250mb as I haven't been able to access the internet to do something as simple as check email. I'll try restarting my phone. Thanks for the suggestion!

Also thanks for the info re: husband's phone. I just tried calling him (he's also here in U.S. with me.) It went directly to voicemail. He then got notified that he has a new voicemail. I didn't leave him a message. I don't think he's even set up us voicemail and he doesn't know how to check it anyway!

LoriM

Good old reboot! Thanks for the tip. I restarted my phone and it seems to be working now.

LoriM

I have been sending/receiving texts that include things like:😊. If those are mms messages then yes.

I truly doubt I used up the 250mb as I haven't been able to access the internet to do something as simple as check email. I'll try restarting my phone. Thanks for the suggestion!

Also thanks for the info re: husband's phone. I just tried calling him (he's also here in U.S. with me.) It went directly to voicemail. He then got notified that he has a new voicemail. I didn't leave him a message. I don't think he's even set up us voicemail and he doesn't know how to check it anyway!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Try restarting your phone.  @LoriM Can you send and receive mms messages ?  If you can, your apn is set up correctly. The data on that plan is only 250mb. It may already be finished. 

Your husband cannot receive calls. Even if he does, you will not be charged extra.

@LoriM wrote:

Hello, Community! Help, please.

I am in the U.S. Yesterday I purchased the $20 roaming talk-text-data plan. Texting works fine. I haven't tried talk yet. 

Problem: can't access the internet. I enabled Mobile Data and Data Roaming. I have APNs: Mobile Internet, Tethered Mobile Internet.

What am I missing??

(I was able to connect to hotel wifi no problem. But the condo we are in now has no wifi and I feel weirdly disconnected from the world. I know: First world problem.)

Thanks!

Also: My husband has U.S. roaming texting only plan. Can he receive phone calls? (Reluctant to try in case it costs a lot.) Thanks!

Need Help? Let's chat.